City vs. County Subdivision

ForumsHelp & Strategy › City vs. County Subdivision
  • ♠♚ЦℕƊƩ₣ᏐℕƩƊ♚♠

What is the difference?

• Sentinel

That is a very good question that I do not know the answer to.

• ♠♚ЦℕƊƩ₣ᏐℕƩƊ♚♠

Sentinel wrote:

That is a very good question that I do not know the answer to.

At first I thought it was just something that different countries or states called it, but then I noticed it called the city next to me a "county subdivision".

• Sentinel

Maybe it's an area where it's to small to be a city or town?

• ♠♚ЦℕƊƩ₣ᏐℕƩƊ♚♠

Sentinel wrote:

Maybe it's an area where it's to small to be a city or town?

No, I've seen a 60tib place in Canada that is a "County Subdivision". Also, my city is a little smaller than the one next to me. Good idea though.

• ▪False▪

Other way around. It's big enough to be considered an entire subdivision of a county. It's probably a certain percentile that has to be taken up of the county for it to be called as such.

--False

• ♠♚ЦℕƊƩ₣ᏐℕƩƊ♚♠

▪False▪ wrote:

Other way around. It's big enough to be considered an entire subdivision of a county. It's probably a certain percentile that has to be taken up of the county for it to be called as such.

--False

Ah okay. Thanks

• 🐐山羊猿🐒

Cities are incorporated parts of counties. All US states are divided into counties, but not all of every county is divided up entirely into cities or towns. Some cities have grown large enough to be bigger than 1 or more counties, though, which makes it confusing if you're trying to reverse engineer it.

Reply to this topic