Hopping

ForumsHelp & Strategy › Hopping
  • appolo 13

Can someone explain to me the concept of hopping?
    I already seduced that its about making a far distance and getting tiberium somehow, but i didnt understand yet why you get tiberium and how you "hop" the most efficent.

• appolo 13

And i would like to know what capping is...

• syntax2600

Outfit a base with 2 warehouses, 1 distribution center, and 5 vehicle depots. That will make your build radius area very large and allow you to snatch up Tiberium. You can tear the bases you build to collect Tiberium if you chose too.

Good luck.

• appolo 13

So you get tiberium from going into other territories?

• Strykr X

The first time you build a base in a new territory, you will receive a certain amount of tiberium that varies by territory. Generally, the larger and less dense the territory is, the more tib it is worth. Similarly, the smaller and more dense the area is, the fewer tiberium the territory is worth. Tiberium awards for territories in the US generally range between 6 and 40.

• Treybo130

Strykr X wrote:

The first time you build a base in a new territory, you will receive a certain amount of tiberium that varies by territory. Generally, the larger and less dense the territory is, the more tib it is worth. Similarly, the smaller and more dense the area is, the fewer tiberium the territory is worth. Tiberium awards for territories in the US generally range between 6 and 40.

6 to 60, also, leave those bases up for longer then seven days to keep you build bonus.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

Small territories are good for income. Build big bases there with distro centers. If you are lucky, you can use a hop base on a small territory, do your TIB farming, drop a new hop base on the borderlands, and then convert your original hop base into a high earning base by replacing the vehicle depots with distro centers. If you had to build in a large territory, you could convert for agents instead.
    Small territories (6 TIB) gererally give you a bonus for income between 150 and 199%. The 199% are best of course. If you also take the directorship, you get another 10% on top of it. That cash adds up and you will need it later in the game when bases start costing you 5 or 6 million bucks a piece.

As mentioned, big territories are best for your harvest. The Atlantic and mid west are best. Western states are not so good. Countries vary depending on the quality of map they have access to.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

You'll notice experienced players don't care about keeping large territories and will instead have several bases piled into a small territory. That's on purpose.

Okay, that's probably the biggest "secret" to the mechanics of base building, but it's fairly obvious once you've examined the numbers.

One little goofy thing, though: if there are no bases (or just 1 inf bases) in a territory yet, the bonus on the summary screen always shows 1%. Don't ever trust that. You'll see the real bonus once you've built anything that gets you over 1 inf. But, you can generally guess based on size and TIB harvest. Unless it is a really remote city, you will get 150% or better on 6 TIB spots. In metro areas, they approach 199% the closer to population centers you get.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

appolo 13 wrote:

Can someone explain to me the concept of hopping?I already seduced that its about making a far distance and getting tiberium somehow, but i didnt understand yet why you get tiberium and how you "hop" the most efficent.

Seduced?

• Real MF

Anyone know how many base building skill points cause the creation range to increase? Every 500, 1000, or something else? Thanks

Reply to this topic