TAPJOY SAFETY

ForumsHelp & Strategy › TAPJOY SAFETY
  • EastCoastKing

I've recently had my email and personal information stolen by a tapjoy offer. I've also talked to several people who have had the same problem and the complaints against tapjoy for this are in high numbers. My Facebook has been recovered but my hotmail/yahoo are gone.
    My advice, NEVER supply any tapjoy offer with your personal information
    DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use the same password for any tapjoy offer as you use for your email.
    I would even recommend not doing any tapjoy offer that requires email conformation, but that may be being over safe.
    Watching videos should be fine. But if anything seems shady dont risk it. I am really angry about this and none of you should have it happen.
    Tapjoy is known for unreliability and low security. Always be safe when using it. I highly recommend dont do the online survey offers I believe one of them is the culprit.

Be safe everyone, happy GS'ing

• EastCoastKing

Everyone should share this info with each other. This really sucks

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

I don't trust tapjoy. I was gonna sign up for a credit card and they asked me for social security, mothers maiden name, and for me to scan my vital records and send it to them via email. I'm sorry but I don't think that's safe and I still think its a scam. Plus I don't get credit for some apps that make you do stupid tedious things like "beat level 2" then you never get it.

• EastCoastKing

If your going to be doing tapjoy offers that require email. Make sure you have recovery questions in place for all accounts linked to it. Recovery questions alone aren't enough for hotmail but they could be very important in the account recovery process if it is stolen.

• Jim Dirt

Just use a throwaway email address. Never use your real one.

• EastCoastKing

Jim Dirt wrote:

Just use a throwaway email address. Never use your real one.

👍

• 从ㄠㄊ丹

☠♔PRYMUS♔☠ wrote:

I don't trust tapjoy. I was gonna sign up for a credit card and they asked me for social security, mothers maiden name, and for me to scan my vital records and send it to them via email. I'm sorry but I don't think that's safe and I still think its a scam. Plus I don't get credit for some apps that make you do stupid tedious things like "beat level 2" then you never get it.

I was button mashing the hell out of that snoopy game!

• mrjb28313

Man that snoopy game was lame. I was hitting the screen all over the place just to get through the levels. Kind of like a weak simpsons.

• 💀THE CAPO💀

More people need to be aware. Bump

• EastCoastKing

Bump

• EastCoastKing

Tapjoy safety is something that everyone should teach to new players who are wanting to know tips on how to play

• Selica

Bump

• 🔹aოɳɛʑ🔹

I don't use tap joy..... For £3 you can get 10x the tib tap joy offer

• EastCoastKing

Bumpity bump

This thread needs to be around for a little while

• RΛINDᎧG

Definately a throwaway email needs to be used. My throwaway gets well over 60 emails a day thanks to all the bs I signed up for via tapjoy. Imagine trying to find the one important email you need amidst the sea of shit from the garbage websites.... F tapjoy 🔫😡

• TWISTER

Great thread, Ty for the info. I will avoid

• The Saw

Relax. Create your alter ego with his/her own email address and personal information. Or steal someone else's like Clark Griswald's. There is no way Tapjoy can take DNA samples from your iPhone.

• 🔥SirTalkALot🔥

TapJoy is like that creepy guy in the park that you have to buy weed from.

• The Saw

🔥SirTalkALot🔥 wrote:

Lol. You're doing it wrong.

• EastCoastKing

🔥SirTalkALot🔥 wrote:

Lmao!

• Silver Fox

Bump

• Oliver DeWah

Tap joy suxs.
    Bump

• mike1998

Bump

• ☣Alexander☣

Bump

• ==(herp.derp)==

Hi Everyone,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. I want to clear up some statements made here. Tapjoy presents the Offers, once you take a offer you are directed to a advertisers website to complete the offer. Tapjoy does not get involved with your personal information at all. Tapjoy respects the privacy and security of it's customers, if you have an issue please to go support.tapjoy.com to create a ticket so we can get you a resolution.

Regards

Saad

• EastCoastKing

==(herp.derp)== wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. I want to clear up some statements made here. Tapjoy presents the Offers, once you take a offer you are directed to a advertisers website to complete the offer. Tapjoy does not get involved with your personal information at all. Tapjoy respects the privacy and security of it's customers, if you have an issue please to go support.tapjoy.com to create a ticket so we can get you a resolution.

Regards

Saad

Tap joy may not mess with people's privacy but that certainly can't be said for the company's making offers through it. I don't blame tapjoy itself but a company using tapjoy did do this.

• noahdaninja

Bump

• EastCoastKing

Bump

• Ungrim.Ironfist

EastCoastKing wrote:

==(herp.derp)== wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Regards

Saad

Tapjoy facilitates the issue by using shadeball partners. People with shadeball partners are shadeballs. Don't worry about trust or integrity and keep grabbing that cash, im sure its a self sustaining business model. BOYCOTT TAPJOY

• EastCoastKing

I don't seem to remember writing that last one... Lol

• Toocoolforyah

Bump

Reply to this topic