Best thing on Netflix.

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Best thing on Netflix.
  • 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Birdemic-
    Seriously some of the most hilarious shit ive ever seen. It's about birds attacking people. Except instead of showing birds attacking people, it shows the same 4 Internet .gif birds attacking people, or people just shooting realistic looking guns into the air randomly. I make the point that the guns are realistic looking, because several times throughout the film, the actors pull over on the sides of active California highways, jump outta their cars, and proceed to frantically pretend to shoot at invisible things in the air. They even aim their guns at totally random cars that happen to be passing. It's painfully obvious they hadn't gotten a permit, or anything before hand, and probably had time for a single take before booking it before the cops arrived.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

And the dialogue... Omg. It's ridiculous. It's soaked with totally random environmental propaganda speeches attempting to tie into the story. It's even explained in a long winded speech by some random old guy on a dock the characters encounter, as a result of global warming, which caused viruses to get stronger, which gave the birds "some kind of h1n1 thing", which caused the birds to freak out. He figured that all out from "testing the bird's blood" on a dock.

Oh and the guy closes a deal by selling the rights to "silcone based, nanotechnological, solar panels", the girl gets a Victoria secret cover issue(?😕) "gig" after a "photo shoot" at a 1 hour photo shop, and after the birds finally attack an hour later the guy picks up a land line motel phone and says that its batteries are dead.

You kinda gotta see it for yourself to know how funny it truly is. I kinda can't believe it really.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

My favorite part was right before the dirty feet sex scene, where the guy looks the girl dead in the eye and say with a childish grin, "this is gonna be fun".

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Or when the guy goes on about how lonely he is on their first date at a shitty Thai place.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Or when he starts shooting at birds while pumping gas. Like zero thought was put into whether or not scenes made sense during editing. Zero. The audio switches different background noises depending on which character is talking. It flows like a conversation where each person records a single sentence response, sends it to the other person, then that person doing the same back, and putting those clips in order.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Someone else has had to have seen this movie...

• The Archduke

I watched this last week. Your review is spot on. Absolutely the worst thing ever put on film, but easily the most entertaining show I have seen in a long time. Hour and a half of laughter.

• The Archduke

How about the guy who steals the main characters extra gas. He walks away from them in the wrong direction to get to his car before getting killed be a random bird. The main characters them speed away without picking the extra gas back up. So many scenes to choose from...

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The Archduke wrote:

I watched this last week. Your review is spot on. Absolutely the worst thing ever put on film, but easily the most entertaining show I have seen in a long time. Hour and a half of laughter.

Right?! Those fucking kids! Their horrible acting made them seem creepy as shit.

I love how people just die after being attacked by an eagle for less than 5 seconds.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The Archduke wrote:

How about the guy who steals the main characters extra gas. He walks away from them in the wrong direction to get to his car before getting killed be a random bird. The main characters them speed away without picking the extra gas back up. So many scenes to choose from...

Oh I know!!! Or how stores are still operating and fully stocked! And the fucking seagull bombing sounds!!!

Its just gold. All of it.
    And back to the dirty feet sex scene... Why did the director choose to focus on them so much if they werent clean?!? It's like obvious shit!

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

And why did they go to a shitty motel to have sex in the first place? The guy had a home in the beginning. Oh and the solar panels. He bought ones he knew were inferior to his company's copyrighted ones, the day he tries to find investors to fund his solar panel business? It's seriously the perfect b movie.

• The Archduke

How about the weird clapping in the board room scene?

• The Archduke

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

And why did they go to a shitty motel to have sex in the first place? The guy had a home in the beginning. Oh and the solar panels. He bought ones he knew were inferior to his company's copyrighted ones, the day he tries to find investors to fund his solar panel business? It's seriously the perfect b movie.

I agree. Really, this is a must watch.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The Archduke wrote:

How about the weird clapping in the board room scene?

And the CEO guy giving the most awkward thumbs up ever after he sold his company to Oracle for exactly one BILLION dollars. Or the wildfire on the news which was 0% contained. God i love this fucking movie so much...

• The Archduke

Oh....the local news. How about that set. The news person was barely visible in the bottom right of the screen.

• agatosh

I love the plane sounds when the birds crash

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The Archduke wrote:

Oh....the local news. How about that set. The news person was barely visible in the bottom right of the screen.

I figure that out! The director is Japanese. Sometimes Asian news looks like that. I mean a tiny woman taking up a tenth of the screen lol. Just a not as close version of our news. I think that's why alot of shot doesn't make sense actually.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

I mean NOT* a tiny woman

• clone9786

So its like "The Birds" but in modern times?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

clone9786 wrote:

So its like "The Birds" but in modern times?

No. The Birds is a classic for its era. This is something else totally.

• Matgie

Ok. Gonna have to check this out.

• Ninjayyz

That was the best worst hour and a half of my life I've ever spent. My favorite scene was when they thought it would be a good idea to rush out to the van armed with coat hangers.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Ninjayyz wrote:

That was the best worst hour and a half of my life I've ever spent. My favorite scene was when they thought it would be a good idea to rush out to the van armed with coat hangers.

Haha! If my thread inspired a single person to watch this movie today, then it was well worth making the thread. Ill sleep well tonight!

I love how the van is just fully equiped with semi automatic rifles, and Rod doesn't question this whatsoever.

• Squatf

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Someone else has had to have seen this movie...

This is a great movie!!

• Ninjayyz

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Ninjayyz wrote:

Haha! If my thread inspired a single person to watch this movie today, then it was well worth making the thread. Ill sleep well tonight!

I love how the van is just fully equiped with semi automatic rifles, and Rod doesn't question this whatsoever.

I liked how he also didn't question why some kid was in a locked trunk of a car.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

That totally didnt even register to me as weird at the time. I think i was overloaded with wtf.

• The Archduke

Ninjayyz wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Ninjayyz wrote:

I liked how he also didn't question why some kid was in a locked trunk of a car.

Or the kids brilliant comment on hunger: "I was under the car a long time". Obviously the kids cared less for their family. Playing like nothing happened minutes after rescue.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Haha they were fighting over a video game a min later! Those kids were the shittiest actors ever.

• Whettefartze

Green man make sure to watch thankskilling if you liked birdemic

• 4nick8r

Was this as good as Hobo With A Shotgun?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Okay so now birdemic no longer shows up on Netflix. Wtf?

Reply to this topic