My Psychological Manipulation and PsyOps Warfare guide

ForumsGeneral Discussion › My Psychological Manipulation and PsyOps Warfare guide
  • 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

🌟Note- Use at you're own discretion. I don't condone or endorse any of the info in this thread. It's sole purpose is to provide a different angle for those who wish to partake.🌟

Anytime someone interacts with you they can influence your thoughts and also manipulate your opinions.

Over my years lurking these games I've met alot of players. Most of you are normal, "quasi"rational, good people. However there are those who play by different rules than most.

This guide is to help the regular players get a crash course in basic PsyOps, propaganda, deception, and leading the thoughts of others. It might also be an interesting read for you already sneaky types too i suppose.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

So lets begin...

The three fundamentals of successful manipulation

Stage One-First Interactions
    1. Conceal any malicious or aggressive intent you have. First size up your potential rival. Learn their temperament, strengths, and weaknesses. Work out how to potentially exploit this knowledge.

2. Always be willing to get ruthless without regard of the well being of your rival if it becomes prudent to do so.

3. Always try to be covertly aggressive until it fails. Use passive aggressive, and relational aggressive actions.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Stage Two-Gaining Influence

The following lists control and manipulation techniques.

-Positive reinforcement: includes praise, superficial charm, superficial sympathy (crocodile tears), excessive apologizing, money, approval, gifts, attention, facial expressions such as a forced laugh or smile, and public recognition.
    -Negative reinforcement: involves removing one from a negative situation as a reward, e.g. "You won't have to do your homework if you allow me to do this to you."
    -Intermittent or partial reinforcement: Partial or intermittent negative reinforcement can create an effective climate of fear and doubt. Partial or intermittent positive reinforcement can encourage the victim to persist - for example in most forms of gambling, the gambler is likely to win now and again but still lose money overall.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-Punishment: includes nagging, yelling, the silent treatment, intimidation, threats, swearing, emotional blackmail, the guilt trip, sulking, crying, and playing the victim.
    -Traumatic one-trial learning: using verbal abuse, explosive anger, or other intimidating behavior to establish dominance or superiority; even one incident of such behavior can condition or train victims to avoid upsetting, confronting or contradicting the manipulator.
    -Lying: It is hard to tell if somebody is lying at the time they do it, although often the truth may be apparent later when it is too late. One way to minimize the chances of being lied to is to understand that some personality types (particularly psychopaths) are experts at the art of lying and cheating, doing it frequently, and often in subtle ways.
    -Lying by omission: This is a very subtle form of lying by withholding a significant amount of the truth. This technique is also used in propaganda.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-Denial: Manipulator refuses to admit that he or she has done something wrong.
    -Rationalization: An excuse made by the manipulator for inappropriate behavior. Rationalization is closely related to spin.
    -Minimization: This is a type of denial coupled with rationalization. The manipulator asserts that his or her behavior is not as harmful or irresponsible as someone else was suggesting, for example saying that a taunt or insult was only a joke.
    -Selective inattention or selective attention: Manipulator refuses to pay attention to anything that may distract from his or her agenda, saying things like "I don't want to hear it".
    -Diversion: Manipulator not giving a straight answer to a straight question and instead being diversionary, steering the conversation onto another topic.
    -Evasion: Similar to diversion but giving irrelevant, rambling, vague responses, weasel words.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-Covert intimidation: Manipulator throwing the victim onto the defensive by using veiled (subtle, indirect or implied) threats.
    -Guilt tripping: A special kind of intimidation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in the victim feeling bad, keeping them in a self-doubting, anxious and submissive position.
    -Shaming: Manipulator uses sarcasm and put-downs to increase fear and self-doubt in the victim. Manipulators use this tactic to make others feel unworthy and therefore defer to them. Shaming tactics can be very subtle such as a fierce look or glance, unpleasant tone of voice, rhetorical comments, subtle sarcasm. Manipulators can make one feel ashamed for even daring to challenge them. It is an effective way to foster a sense of inadequacy in the victim.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-Playing the victim role ("poor me"): Manipulator portrays him- or herself as a victim of circumstance or of someone else's behavior in order to gain pity, sympathy or evoke compassion and thereby get something from another. Caring and conscientious people cannot stand to see anyone suffering and the manipulator often finds it easy to play on sympathy to get cooperation.
    -Vilifying the victim: More than any other, this tactic is a powerful means of putting the victim on the defensive while simultaneously masking the aggressive intent of the manipulator.
    -Playing the servant role: Cloaking a self-serving agenda in guise of a service to a more noble cause, for example saying he is acting in a certain way for "obedience" and "service" to God or a similar authority figure.
    -Seduction: Manipulator uses charm, praise, flattery or overtly supporting others in order to get them to lower their defenses and give their trust and loyalty to him or her.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-Projecting the blame (blaming others): Manipulator scapegoats in often subtle, hard-to-detect ways.
    -Feigning innocence: Manipulator tries to suggest that any harm done was unintentional or that they did not do something that they were accused of. Manipulator may put on a look of surprise or indignation. This tactic makes the victim question his or her own judgment and possibly his own sanity.
    -Feigning confusion: Manipulator tries to play dumb by pretending he or she does not know what the victim is talking about or is confused about an important issue brought to his attention.
    -Brandishing anger: Manipulator uses anger to brandish sufficient emotional intensity and rage to shock the victim into submission. The manipulator is not actually angry, he or she just puts on an act. He just wants what he wants and gets "angry" when denied.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Stage Three-Vulnerabilities to exploit

-the "disease to please"
    addiction to earning the approval and acceptance of others
    -Emotophobia (fear of negative emotion; i.e. a fear of expressing anger, frustration or disapproval)
    -lack of assertiveness and ability to say no
    -blurry sense of identity (with soft personal boundaries)
    -low self-reliance
    -external locus of control
    -naïveté :victim finds it too hard to accept the idea that some people are cunning, devious and ruthless or is "in denial" if he or she is being victimized.
    -over-conscientiousness : victim is too willing to give manipulator the benefit of the doubt and see their side of things in which they blame the victim.
    -low self-confidence: victim is self-doubting, lacking in confidence and assertiveness, likely to go on the defensive too easily.
    -over-intellectualization: victim tries too hard to understand and believes the manipulator has some understandable reason to be hurtful.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-emotional dependency: victim has a submissive or dependent personality. The more emotionally dependent the victim is, the more vulnerable he or she is to being exploited and manipulated.
    -too dependent: dependent people need to be loved and are therefore gullible and liable to say yes to something to which they should say no.
    -too immature: has impaired judgment and believes the exaggerated advertising claims.
    -too naïve: cannot believe there are dishonest people in the world, taking for granted that if there were they would not be allowed to operate.
    -too impressionable: overly seduced by charmers. For example, they might vote for the seemingly charming politician who kisses babies.
    -too trusting: people who are honest often assume that everyone else is honest. They are more likely to commit themselves to people they hardly know without checking credentials, etc., and less likely to question so-called experts.

• HARDHITTA

Nice reading GREENMAN. Very interesting. Have you ever read
    Sun Tzu The art of war?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

-too lonely: lonely people may accept any offer of human contact. A psychopathic stranger may offer human companionship for a price.
    -too narcissistic: narcissists are prone to falling for unmerited flattery.
    -too impulsive: make snap decisions about, for example, what to buy or whom to marry without consulting others.
    -too altruistic: the opposite of psychopathic: too honest, too fair, too empathetic.
    -too frugal: cannot say no to a bargain even if they know the reason it is so cheap.
    -too materialistic: easy prey for loan sharks or get-rich-quick schemes.
    -too greedy: the greedy and dishonest may fall prey to a psychopath who can easily entice them to act in an immoral way.
    -too masochistic: lack self-respect and so unconsciously let psychopaths take advantage of them. They think they deserve it out of a sense of guilt.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

That's all i had put together. Take what you want from it, and leave what you don't. Either way we all do these kinds of things constantly. Even if you do it subconsciously. Now you can see what to look for!

Enjoy!

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

HARDHITTA wrote:

Nice reading GREENMAN. Very interesting. Have you ever read Sun Tzu The art of war?

Yes. Follow the rules, and win. Ignore them and you invite defeat. I had that in the back of my mind when i put this together.

• HARDHITTA

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

HARDHITTA wrote:

Nice reading GREENMAN. Very interesting. Have you ever read Sun Tzu The art of war?

Yes. Follow the rules, and win. Ignore them and you invite defeat. I had that in the back of my mind when i put this together.

That's why I asked if you've read it because its what it made me think of. It is a very true book. Sun Tzu had it right.

• ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ

This is not your guide. You just copied and pasted from Wikipedia. Would've been easier to just post the link... But then you wouldn't be able to claim it as "your own".

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

I think too controlling or too needing of control should be in there somewhere as exploitable faults.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ wrote:

This is not your guide. You just copied and pasted from Wikipedia. Would've been easier to just post the link... But then you wouldn't be able to claim it as "your own".

Not all of it. Some of it was from other stuff. You just didnt go through the trouble of figuring that out before making yourself look like a slut again.

• ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ wrote:

Not all of it. Some of it was from other stuff. You just didnt go through the trouble of figuring that out before making yourself look like a slut again.

No need to resort to petty name-calling.

Which part did you not directly copy from Wikipedia??
    The intro where you state it's your guide?
    Or the ending where you state "that's all i had put together"?

Either way it's plagiarism.
    You're unoriginal. Quit wasting our time.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Didnt read slut.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Okay i got around to it. Here's why you are a clown. You aren't even in on the thread at all. Before you put you're make up on and started posting, a player had suggested i post a story or something interesting. So i checked my note pad, and thought he might like this topic.

I started this thread a few mins after he asked. So of course it was being copied and pasted. I specifically only made the claim i put it together. I never said i wrote it.

You are just assuming you know what's happening. Anyone i post these threads for knows how it is i go about putting the stories together. I've been doing the same thing for over two years carried over from TW. I don't do it much anymore, because of douchebaggotry from assholes like you whenever i do.

You were never in on the joke clown, and never would i even think to include you. So why don't you get back to entertaining little kids or something?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Either way im sure this will be one of the last threads i do like this. They aren't fun anymore. I spend more time explaining every little detail concerning their credibility to people i don't care about, than i do actually chit chatting about them and having interesting convos with cool people.

It's just assholes now.

• ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ

Lmao. Not in on the joke? If that were indeed the case you wouldn't be so defensive and resort to stooping as low to name-calling. Just post the link next time instead of entitling it MY GUIDE, like any other thread that would be copying directly from a source. Take a step back and ask yourself who's really the "asshole".

• HARDHITTA

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Either way im sure this will be one of the last threads i do like this. They aren't fun anymore. I spend more time explaining every little detail concerning their credibility to people i don't care about, than i do actually chit chatting about them and having interesting convos with cool people.

It's just assholes now.

Don't stop posting GREENMAN. You don't owe any explanation to any of these trolls that have something stupid to say. Everybody that knows you and follows your threads already understands that you do the research and puts a lot of this together from different sources. ALOT of people enjoy the reading as well as the conversation after.

• HARDHITTA

ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ wrote:

Move the fuck on if you don't like what your reading. Everybody else knows how GREENMAN gets his info for his threads. We have been reading his threads for several years.

• ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ

Yes. Please stop posting if you intend to steal and copy directly from sources without being clear to the readers. Maybe then you wouldn't have to come up with lame excuses on why people are calling you out on it.

• HARDHITTA

ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ wrote:

Yes. Please stop posting if you intend to steal and copy directly from sources without being clear to the readers. Maybe then you wouldn't have to come up with lame excuses on why people are calling you out on it.

That's the point that I'm trying to show you. Most players already know where he gets his information.

• cherie

thanks for the post! :) dont stop posting! stuffs like this is what i can read on bart ;)

take care :p

• Dirty Hob0

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

It's just assholes now.

Don't stop posting this is interesting

• sebriah

I feel like the story behind the story is when the OP has used this guide and how successful it is/was.....

• Picnic Thief

lol, this should be called "a guide to spotting a desperate attention seeker". Jog on.

Reply to this topic