Geocachers!

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Geocachers!
  • benny da boss

Hello how many of you out there geocache? I know at least Matty does. Anyways tell me how many finds you have? And what's the coolest one you've found so far? I've made a pretty cool TB hotel out of an electrical box mounted to a post on the back of a sign. It has wall paper and even a carpet in the middle. I am extremely proud of that cache. What's some cool ones that you've found?

• ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ

What is Geocache?

• ΘйэЂцмъВдѕтдяd

I'm a geopantser.

🎤I've got the whole world in my pants....🎶

👍

• lozsing

I hide my first cache in 2001 in Sherwood Forest uk

• EastCoastKing

Geo cache? Il have to google it

• Ꮶ͜иιɢн͡т

I was geo-cached myself once! They threw me in a cave and rolled a humongous boulder in front. Of course, I lolled and waited for the crowds to disperse and quietly slid out.

• Matgie

103 finds. 14 hides (1 pending). We have finds in 3 states.
    For those of you who want to get outdoors, check out geocaching.com.
    It's basically a modern day treasure hunt with a GPS (or your smart phone)

• Matgie

Oh. Coolest one we found... Head Case (GC2TD8M).
    Our best plant... Eagle's Office (GC4AR9K)

• Sh͟a͞doωK͜i͞иɢ

I've found a few sweet ones. There was one in a storm sewer called pray for daylight. Got archived when there was a "dead body" which turned out to be leaves wrapped in a tarp. Another cool one was chaos cops an altitude. Easy enough to find, if you wanted to climb a 60 year old fire observation tower. Scary climb as it was swaying in the breeze, but the view was amazing.

• Matgie

There are some great ones out there if you are willing to do the work to get them

• Sh͟a͞doωK͜i͞иɢ

Matgie wrote:

There are some great ones out there if you are willing to do the work to get them

There's also some crazy ones that need specialized gear. There are no less than 25 on the bottom of Lake Erie that need scuba gear. I've also heard of one inside a defunct nuclear power plant's stacks.

• miket

Sounds interesting to spend the day

• Matgie

Wow! I hope those are a level 5 terrain! Lol

• H man

I've done it

• Jim Dirt

Ꭻ͜єѕ͛u͡ѕ wrote:

I was geo-cached myself once! They threw me in a cave and rolled a humongous boulder in front. Of course, I lolled and waited for the crowds to disperse and quietly slid out.

I'm a Christian but that's still funny!

• Ғʟuƒƒꀨ😲🔫😏

Found one in the back of the graveyard in the wooded area a few years ago, went back recently and didn't see it...

• Sh͟a͞doωK͜i͞иɢ

Ғʟuƒƒꀨ😲🔫😏 wrote:

Found one in the back of the graveyard in the wooded area a few years ago, went back recently and didn't see it...

It either has been archived or got "muggled". I read about a bomb squad blowing up a cache sitting near a police station.

• benny da boss

I have one that I planted myself where you have to climb up a bomb scream station that has been decommissioned. It's in the power box half way up. The power box is of course not working.

• Matgie

A bomb squad was called out to a tree in Ohio for a cache that looked like a pipe bomb. The planters of that cache may be facing criminal charges. They news article didn't say where the tree was, but I think criminal charges is going a bit far.

Reply to this topic