Any body have central sleep apnea?

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Any body have central sleep apnea?
  • ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

I'm concerned about my breathing during sleep. Was wondering wether anyone else has experienced this .

• 💫Jimmy Needles💫

Once I got so drunk that for 3 days I would stop breathing and wake with a start every time I fell asleep. I was told that that was tomporary sleep apnoea partly caused by dumbed down breathing reflexes due to the amount I drank. It was awful and a couldn't imagine having to live with the condition permanently.

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

That's what I have, I have anxiety and when it gets bad, I feel a pain in my chest and I wake up breathless. Last night I thought I was having a stroke because I was fighting so hard not to lose consciousness and I had and still have a headache on the right side of my head. My right forearm was also numb. I don't know if its actually sleep apnea, but from what I've read I think that's what it is. From what you posted too, I feel it sounds like what I have, even though for me I haven't drank in a month and a half ( huge accomplishment) it seems to be getting worse though and I can probably attribute it to me having such bad anxiety that I cease breathing sometimes, and I figured the cells in my brain that control my breathing are dying. I'm kind of scared I'm gonna die pretty soon though.

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Then again it could be fluid in my lungs, or asthma because it was so hard to breath and I hear a wheezing sound when I exhale sometimes... Idk I hope I get to a doctor before I die.

• ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ

Don't worry Prymus, seriously! I have a relative with apnea (caused by her weight), so if your weight is the cause then reducing it gradually may be the solution. If you want a quick response you can always get a sleep apnea mask that physically forces you to breath, they are uncomfortable and hard to sleep in but it should definitely help!

• ZRAYGO

I have sleep apnea. I wear a cpap mask when I sleep. Unfortunately I take it off in the middle if the night without knowing it.

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ wrote:

Don't worry Prymus, seriously! I have a relative with apnea (caused by her weight), so if your weight is the cause then reducing it gradually may be the solution. If you want a quick response you can always get a sleep apnea mask that physically forces you to breath, they are uncomfortable and hard to sleep in but it should definitely help!

I'm 5'4 115 pounds ( I'm female). I think it's anxiety making it worse. I'm scared though, how many tests do they have to run to figure it out?

• 💫Jimmy Needles💫

Anxiety is a definite causative factor. What you may be experiencing is panic attacks which make the whole thing worse and make you hyperventilate. As your airways are a little closed it causes more panic - its a vicious cycle. You say it's an accomplishment that you haven't drank in a month and a half... Did you drink a lot before?

• ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ

I found a website which should be helpful, here's the hyperlink:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sleep-apnoea/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Jimmy Needles💉 wrote:

Anxiety is a definite causative factor. What you may be experiencing is panic attacks which make the whole thing worse and make you hyperventilate. As your airways are a little closed it causes more panic - its a vicious cycle. You say it's an accomplishment that you haven't drank in a month and a half... Did you drink a lot before?

Used to drink everyday

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ wrote:

I found a website which should be helpful, here's the hyperlink:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sleep-apnoea/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx

Thank you

• 💫Jimmy Needles💫

☠♔PRYMUS♔☠ wrote:

Jimmy Needles💉 wrote:

Used to drink everyday

Then it's possible your still going through some withdrawal. I can relate to that. It will pass eventually, just keep healthy and your body will sort itself out.

• Matgie

I have sleep apnea. The test is 1 or 2 part. You will go in for an overnight sleep study where they hook you up to machines to monitor your breathing. If you stop breathing too many times per hour they will bring you back and hook you up to the same machines plus a CPAP. They adjust the settings while you sleep. Some places will do both in the same night.

Reply to this topic