Creation distance

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Creation distance
  • 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

We all know that base creation distance is enhanced by your base building skill. The higher your skill, the further your job ability.
    I have found that your base building skill only affects new bases you build, and does not extend the distance of old hop bases.
    What I am looking to determine now is whether the max distance is set when you build the base, or when you build the last enhancement. In other words, if you change an old base to a hop base, is your distance limited to your base building skill now or when you built the base? Has anyone already checked this? I have an old base I'm testing on now.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

Job ability = hop ability. I hate typing on my iPod.

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

Hmmm. If it does turn out to be a problem then you should report it.

• 💫Bobby Blue💫

The distance is set when you create the base, if I change the upgrades on an old base, it still has a small creation range compared to the newest bases.

A while ago I planted a base to hop across a gap, when my skill was high enough I added the upgrades but couldn't reach the other side, had to build a fresh base to make the jump.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

That's my results as well: to take advantage of your new hop distance, you must build fresh.

• ZRAYGO

🌰SquįrręľPįg🐷 wrote:

That's my results as well: to take advantage of your new hop distance, you must build fresh.

Hmm. Good find

• Demacia

Fucking genius

• The Saw

So must be an attribute assigned to the base as it's built. Wonder if it remains when it is capped by someone with a different skill level?

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

As hippie mentioned, it sticks with the original build. I've removed builds and then rebuilt to the same result, although I didn't scrap all builds (back to 1 inf). My sense is that it doesn't matter.
    Interestingly enough, this suggests someone with a 15000 base skill could build a base and allow it to be taken by someone with a lower base skill (assuming the latter has the strength to win), granting the benefit of a better hop.

• Gii

🌰SquįrręľPįg🐷 wrote:

Job ability = hop ability. I hate typing on my iPod.

You inspired me with that "Job" ability: the addition of a new skill - Job Skill! This skill would also max out at 15,000, and when Nick enables loot for jobs, this would increase the chance of getting loot! I know this belongs in the Suggestions forum, but you gave me an idea right here!

Reply to this topic