Israel v Palestine

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Israel v Palestine
  • 💫🌟Lucifer🌟💫

Hi fellow GS forum users. I would like to introduce a serious discussion to the forum. It's relevant to the game in the sense that it's based on war.

Q1. Is Israel within its right to use large follies of intentionally directed rocket attacks on Palestinian known hiding civilians, mainly woman and children?

Please discuss opinions based on unequivocal facts or reference info or quotes when questioned.

More questions will follow once I am convinced one side won or everyone agrees on a single opinion.

Should be interesting and challenging to keep it non aggressive.

• CΗΞΞ͒SΞ

Did you have a rib removed to facilitate this behavior? Good show.

• [dday]

Yes, I know. This kind of serious behaviour is quite rare of you.

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

Are the Palestinians being aggressive/violent?
    Do the rockets harm innocent civilians?

• 💫It's_me!!!!!!💫

It's a bit like David vs Goliath.
    I understand that Israël counter attacks when beïng bombed.
    The thing is also that Hamas has build their training facilities next to schools. So the chance of civilians to be killed or harmed is big when Israël attacks.

They both should stop atacking and start talking.

But as long as Israël don't give Palistinians freedom to live and people still believe that when they die for God, that they will get a big reward. Things will not change.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

Well you can't blame Israel when they bomb a training site for good reason and accidentally hit a school as well. The palestines are at fault because they put them so close, and because they are responsible for making Israel attack them in the first place.

• ΘйэЂцмъВдѕтдяd

The conflict presents few winners and far too many losers to ignore. Yet, neither combatant acts with honor, while both feel justified. I support neither and view each with little regard. You lose me when you forsake women and children in the name of your cause or your God.

As for those who find biblical or theological justification for the acts of one or the other, I say this: Y'all need to learn to read.

• np17036548

My two cents: the idea of self defence also carries the concept of "use of proportional force". That means that if someone punch you in the face, you punch him twice, that's self defence. If someone punch you in the face, and you take an Uzi and kill him, his family, his cousins, uncles, aunts (well, you get the idea), that's not self defence, that 's murder.

• miket

Israel has being defending itself from Hamas not Palestine. The innocent victims are a product of Hamas and them playing the victim role. The Muslims in Israel aren't fighting within the state they live with the Jewish community. Hamas has not stopped attacking even aren't they agreed on a cease fire for humanitarian work.

• Ares

Hamas and any other terroist group in the world are Pansies for hiding behind civilians. I know of a couple hundred thousand people around the world who would like to give them a chance to die for their cause. If you're gonna fight, be a man and fight and if needed, die, in front of the people you supposedly care so much about. They need to grow a pair

• Ares

I am in no way justifying the Israelies response, I'm just saying Hamas could at least fight like real men

• miket

Ares wrote:

I am in no way justifying the Israelies response, I'm just saying Hamas could at least fight like real men

That's not the Hamas way. The like the news coverage of bloody women and children. The leaders of Hamas don't even live in Palestine

• Picnic Thief

Both sides are wrong. The country of Israel as we know it was created by a secular political group who claimed the land using the Bible as justification. The population was divided into Palestinians and Israelis and now Israel controls the land and treats Palestinians as second rate citizens. Racism is rife in the population, Palestinian civilians are boxed in, controlled and dictated to. Israel antagonise in order to continue their political dominance built on a foundation of their war with Palestine. Hamas fight back and perpetuate Israel's actions as the aggressor, thus creating a vicious cycle of persecution and Israeli dominance through violence. The UK sell weapons to Israel, the USA refuse to allow the UN to act, the western media mostly portray Israel as being right in their actions and we all believe it. The political and social landscape of the area is extremely complex and very few people outside of the region understand.

• Picnic Thief

We have not learned from history, we have not learned from religious teachings of good will and love, we have not learned from the simple biological principle of working together as a species in order to be strong as a species.

Several of the leaders of Israel since 1948 have had connections with terrorist organisations. Neither side is holding to any moral or ethical principles.

• TΛ͒T

💫It's_me!!!!!!💫 wrote:

How? I'm pretty sure one rock won that battle for the little guy.

• Picnic Thief

T/\T2 wrote:

💫It's_me!!!!!!💫 wrote:

How? I'm pretty sure one rock won that battle for the little guy.

I presume he meant that Israel is Goliath (wealthy, well-armed, powerful) and Palestine is David (poor, basic weapons and armour, weak). It's used as a modern turn of phrase to represent a situation where one side is very much the "underdog".

• 💫🌟Lucifer🌟💫

cheese wrote:

Did you have a rib removed to facilitate this behavior? Good show.

[dday] wrote:

Yes, I know. This kind of serious behaviour is quite rare of you.

Don't know what you are on about😳

• 💫🌟Lucifer🌟💫

Well put Yogi.

Israel has overstepped the mark. No need to try and justify those kind of actions. It's plain as day. Israel a world leader in weaponry and military technology is managing to bomb targets known to be non affiliated, civilian men, woman and children! They can shoot a missile out of the sky with pin point accuracy but they still hit known UN shelters! And if a country like USA can go half way across the world to take control of another country then I'm sure Israel could control the cities rather than bomb them to submission. Or so they hope. That's the drive behind the mentality adopted by Israel, submission, wear them down through constant bombardment. Cut off all supply routes on land and water. Starve them. Restrict aid. And have been for decades.

• 💫🌟Lucifer🌟💫

Hamas fighting for the right to stay on the land owned by their families for generations is just cause. Israel was given land in 48-49 and ever since has lead a campaign of encroachment to take all of the land. Which they believe is rightly owned by them because a book says so!! A BOOK!! And a disprovable book at that! The Israeli government is a zionistic mutation and slight replication of Nazism. Look for the traits and you will find many. So sad that such enduring people can turn this way after such hardship brought upon them. The judgement and subsequent eviction of all Jews from every country taken by Germany.

• 💫🌟Lucifer🌟💫

Up until the recent highlights of Israels overuse of uninhibited bombings, they went under the guise of victims. Drivel fed to everyone from media. Media lead by governments backing the barbaric actions. USA and UK are two countries that should be reprimanded for assisting these atrocities. Funds from USA have been going to Israel for many years. Around $4billion in what is called ammunition aid is given by USA! Who is resupplying the opposing army? Oh that's right! There is no other army. In fact, the fighters are hugely made up of people left with nothing but to fight. No job because it was bombed! No home, bombed! No family, bombed! What's left? To fight. And what with? Anything they can muster up. Be it a crude missile or rocket indiscriminately fired in Israels general direction. Compared to the Goliath like might of Israel, Palestine are definitely David.

• EastCoastKing

Just let them at each other already. Fuck it isreal should just wipe them out already fuck em all

• ΞΛ͒TINDΞΛDBIЯDS

I always wondered if a potential solution is to make the entire region a similar political status to the Vatican City. Why should some group or ethnicity or religion own the holy land? It's holy to both sides. Italy doesn't own the Vatican City. The borders should be opened to all faiths, and the local residents should own their land. Wow I hate politics. Fills people with hate.

• GΓΛΥFΘΧ

This is actually a great idea but, who's going to govern it and not be biased?

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

To put things in a perspective totally different, anytime I hear of a small rebel group of dedicated fighters taking on a mighty governmental power in the name of defending their home land I can't help but think... I saw this movie, It was called Star Wars!! David beat Goliath with a stone and Luke Skywalker destroyed the Death Star with a proton torpedo, same difference right? 💭Think about it💭

• ΞΛ͒TINDΞΛDBIЯDS

GΓΛΥFΘΧ wrote:

This is actually a great idea but, who's going to govern it and not be biased?

Good question. Money and power seems to corrupt everyone. The Dali lama maybe? It's not a holy land to him, he seems to be more or less incorruptible, and has compassion for all life forms equally. What a circus this arrangement would create though! All 3 sides would hate it, but it'd probably work. It's the best bad idea I've ever had.

• 💫DadVlad💫

The trouble with war nowadays is this;

Conquering once meant every man woman and child was slaughtered. This left no person to begin reprisals.

Today war means a conflict staged for the media where each side attempts to win the upper hand through propaganda.

In the case of the USA, a conflict staged without depicting the dead or maimed. Just take out the bad guys and win the hearts and minds of the rest.

Trouble is that this doesn't work. It always leaves a residual dissident element behind, that WILL come back to bite you.

If you're going to wage war, completely wipe out all enemy and all sympathisers. Yes, this means all innocents as well.

Not nice but true.

Trouble is, nobody REALLY wants to win a war these days. It's bad for re-elections!

• ΞΛ͒TINDΞΛDBIЯDS

💫DadVlad💫 wrote:

Today war means a conflict staged for the media where each side attempts to win the upper hand through propaganda.

In USA, Just take out the bad guys and win the hearts and minds of the rest.

Trouble is, nobody REALLY wants to win a war these days. It's bad for re-elections!

I challenge you to see other perspectives. Yours is correct, but not the whole picture. Consider the capitalistic nature of recent wars. Bush and his friends made a lot of money in Iraq. Many of those friends are Arabic, despite what party politics propaganda may say. Bush Sr. is a genius. George W. played dumb to perfection. What impressive power.
    Another viewpoint is one of "population control". The 20% that own approx 80% of everything worry about how much the masses consume. Wars destroy things, and slow consumption because of its impact on economic forces. Silent weapons for quiet wars.

Reply to this topic