Check out the updated details on portals

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Check out the updated details on portals
  • ☣Alexander☣

Just in case you didnt notice it

• ☣Alexander☣

In response. I kinda like the idea. Its growing on me. They took the idea of an non perminant portal but gave both the individual player, and their syndicate more control and potential in a (global) war.

Only thing i wanna suggest is maybe instead of having it a special icon, or whatever visible to everyone at all times... possibly make it so halfway through the week long building period it changes? It could help create more of a surprise tactic to the strategies that will come with portals being implemented

• np17036548

The info says that a portal is destroyed if The owner quits his syndicate. But, is it destroyed if I join a syndicate? In other words, can I build a portal on my own, then join a syndicate and instantly give access to the portal to members of the syndicate?

• ███ฺ███ฺ███ฺ███

I bet that portals are either going to be extremely rare (like 3x rarer than VDs and ARCs), and are on tier 3 scans. I would suggest another, separate scannable item (also extremely rare) that makes portals invisible through the entire construction phase (but still becomes seen after finishing construction)

• SLiNKY

Seems like the outcome will be positive. Some good balance points are in there. I'm excited to see where this will go. This will start to introduce some more syndicate-controlled regions, I.E. Syndicates have a "home base".

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

Bandidoqc's question is a good one. What happens with portals as I enter and leave syndicates?

So far, I like the limitations.

It encourages diversity in syndicates too. Having folks with access to exotic locations is definitely interesting. Worldwide syndicates are at an advantage.

Australians only really need to befriend one foreigner to get off the island. :)

Any Aussies want to join bxp?

• Treybo130

So if you leave a syndicate do you loose the bases built with that syndicates portal? Seems shady with the syndicate swaps that happen here.

• TΛ͒T

Ok so to be clear for support........... The 2 main questions so far are:

1) Can create a portal as a single player and then enter a syndicate and use it?

2)If you leave a syndicate does that destroy bases you have created while in that syndicate?

• 4nick8r

I don't think players outside of syndicates should be able to build portals. They are worthless to a single player since it only gives access to places they already are & single players would be lower on the radar of syndicates defending an area. There would be to many players quitting their syndicate to build a Trojan horse portal, then rejoining & letting the rest of the syndicate through. Portals only help syndicates so they should only be valid in a syndicate.

• MΛ͒VΞЯICK

TΛ͒T wrote:

Ok so to be clear for support........... The 2 main questions so far are:

1) Can create a portal as a single player and then enter a syndicate and use it?

2)If you leave a syndicate does that destroy bases you have created while in that syndicate?

To go a step further... If a player in a syndicate have already created a nice portal and it's active... What if a new player join that syndicate. Can he use the portal or does he have to wait a little while before he can?

• Strykr X

I agree w Fornicator above...and I would suspect the answers to the questions are

1) No: for use only while in syndicate. The game creators seem to be somewhat receptive to the community's unanimous "no airports" stance. Allowing portals outside of syndicate use would effectively result in the much worse "AIRPORTS EVERYWHERE!!"

2) No, all bases a player creates as a result of portal use are legitimate and permanent, and can only be lost through conventional means. Otherwise it is functionally a disincentive to actually build bases since they could be lost instantly. Building bases is pretty much fundamental to the continued existence of the game.

Reply to this topic