Portals...

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Portals...
  • Treybo130

When the devs add portals, who else feels that there should be an ingame defense bonus to bases built using actual location over hopping/porting? I hop. I will port. I also TRAVEL. Hook it up.

• np17036548

But then some players (those lucky enough to travel for work or rich enough to go on vacation anywhere on Earth) would have an unbalancable advantage over everyone else...

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

Real world dictators would also travel on their quest for global supremacy so I think a slight advantage for actual gps base placement is a good idea in relation to hopping to that location. On the other side though, what kind of advantage would make traveling across town to drop a base over just hopping there make it worthwhile to me? The only places I hop to are places I know I'm not gonna drive to any time soon.

• Joey Donuts

When I started playing, I was glad that this GPS based game didn't have airports. I think that portals are a bad idea. I get the argument for someone who doesn't have the means or way to travel, but this a location based game. You should at least have to be somewhere to drop a pin, and then work with the hop. It ruined TW for me and looks like this one is following suit. Sad.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

Joey Donuts wrote:

When I started playing, I was glad that this GPS based game didn't have airports. I think that portals are a bad idea. I get the argument for someone who doesn't have the means or way to travel, but this a location based game. You should at least have to be somewhere to drop a pin, and then work with the hop. It ruined TW for me and looks like this one is following suit. Sad.

I totally see where you're coming from but I think it's a necessary evil. Portals will allow more players into the game and make it better for everyone. I think one of the biggest reasons new players quit is because they start where there aren't any active players and find no point in continuing.

• ☣Alexander☣

👥nͥobͣoͫdy👥 wrote:

Joey Donuts wrote:

When I started playing, I was glad that this GPS based game didn't have airports. I think that portals are a bad idea. I get the argument for someone who doesn't have the means or way to travel, but this a location based game.

I totally see where you're coming from but I think it's a necessary evil. Portals will allow more players into the game and make it better for everyone. I think one of the biggest reasons new players quit is because they start where there aren't any active players and find no point in continuing.

👆👆Very true. I pretty much stopped playing a couple months in until i realized how awesome hopping is in GS compared to tw. Then i decided to take my game to the more populated areas.

Reply to this topic