Build location

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Build location
  • Treybo130

We should be able to build any where that we are physically standing and plugged into the Internet. I understand limiting our ability to hop to just roads but if I'm standing in the middle of a desert or on a mountain, with a signal, I should be able to build with "current location." I know this falls under suggestion but the devs are slow to react in that forum.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

That's right. If you end up on some wacky atol in the pacific and you have signal, your ass should be able to build, regardless of road status.

• Yoshi

I've been in this situation twice. 👍

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

I don't think this is wise. Someone could just use it to build uncaptrurable bases on the map.
    However sonthing on this topic that does piss me off, is when there IS a road shown on the map (for example, Canada)and it's in my build zone, I tap to build and it tells me to go build near a road. ????? I don't understand that.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

Qweeter: you could still cap it--you'd just need to travel. I think it brings the GPS element back to the game. But, I guess that's why we have Ingress.
    I've sent that road problem and it must have something to do with how they've programmed recognition of certain lines. I guess the Canadian maps, which are bought from different sources, use different shades for roads.

• Treybo130

Qweeter1997 wrote:

I don't think this is wise. Someone could just use it to build uncaptrurable bases on the map. However sonthing on this topic that does piss me off, is when there IS a road shown on the map (for example, Canada)and it's in my build zone, I tap to build and it tells me to go build near a road. ????? I don't understand that.

Does it matter if it's uncapturable?

• 4nick8r

Plenty of roads in the US do the same thing.

Reply to this topic