I miss

ForumsGeneral Discussion › I miss
  • 👥Uncle Bobby🐝👥

Van Asterix. He was a decent dude. Hated a few of my guys but not a bad guy. I'll always miss our conversations in really really broken English.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

✌🏻️ Van

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

Lol, decent enough guy, So, what happened to him? He reset on his own?

• ☣Alexander☣

Yep, he got tired of playing, reset on both gs and tw. Hope he comes back one day but there really isnt anything for him to come back to realistically

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

Nah he's not coming back, I did math and he invested at minimum, 2,200K in GS. That's not counting TW.
    After investing that much in a game then flat out giving it all up, I doubt he's coming back.

• TΛ͒T

He spent more then that on cyborg alone so your math may be flawed

• 👥Uncle Bobby🐝👥

TΛ͒T wrote:

He spent more then that on cyborg alone so your math may be flawed

Ya. 2200 is a bit off. Just a little more than that. Haha

• ☣Alexander☣

I recall him telling me or my group in pal once that he had spent 8k or something like that on the game total quite a while back all i know is i was astounded by the amount he paid. Bobber do you remember at all?

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

Well if you look I said the Minimum he spent was 2K

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

☣Alexander☣ wrote:

I recall him telling me or my group in pal once that he had spent 8k or something like that on the game total quite a while back all i know is i was astounded by the amount he paid. Bobber do you remember at all?

Yeah, I remember him saying 8K or 9K, and that was a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent close to 13K or more.

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

Damn! I knew he was a spender from the days I played TW with him but those numbers are rediculous.

• Not a mule

ᏴᎾᏴᏴ👥ᏭᏭᏎ™ wrote:

☣Alexander☣ wrote:

Yeah, I remember him saying 8K or 9K, and that was a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent close to 13K or more.

🤑🤑🤑

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

Thus why he left the game and is trying to clean up. Could you imagine paying $13k for Fallout 4? And that game cost a half billion to produce.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

Imagine back in the day someone dropping RL cash on Space Invaders, Pitfall or Q-bert. I would have spent on Joust though. I rocked that game.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

Discs of Tron FTW.

• 4nick8r

⚔шΞΛᔖΞĿ⚔ wrote:

Imagine back in the day someone dropping RL cash on Space Invaders, Pitfall or Q-bert. I would have spent on Joust though. I rocked that game.

When you're my age you know they did spend real $$$$. They were a quarter a go. 👴🏻

• Real MF

4nick8r wrote:

⚔шΞΛᔖΞĿ⚔ wrote:

When you're my age you know they did spend real $$$$. They were a quarter a go. 👴🏻

Ahh the arcade at the mall. Good times. Anyone remember Gauntlet?

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

4nick8r wrote:

⚔шΞΛᔖΞĿ⚔ wrote:

True. I was referring to my Atari2600, but I guess you do have to throw the trips to the arcade into the mix too. Didn't think about that.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

MattFoley wrote:

4nick8r wrote:

⚔шΞΛᔖΞĿ⚔ wrote:

Gauntlet was crack. I remember spending a few good bucks on a session, especially if you could wrangle 4 players. And typically it was always packed in the arcade.

IMO, only eclipsed by the four player X-men game when that released. That was awesome.

• Treybo130

undertaker65 wrote:

Nah he's not coming back, I did math and he invested at minimum, 2,200K in GS. That's not counting TW.After investing that much in a game then flat out giving it all up, I doubt he's coming back.

Is that 2,200,000 (2,200K)? Seems a bit high.

• ☣Alexander☣

Lmao. I wish i could invest that in a game like it were nothing. X.x

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

🐿Border⚔Pig🐖 wrote:

IMO, only eclipsed by the four player X-men game when that released. That was awesome.

Yeah the XMen game was pretty sweet. I'd always go for Colossus myself.

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

I've never seen a thread so effortlessly segued into an off-topic discussion. Haha

• ☣Alexander☣

ᏴᎾᏴᏴ👥ᏭᏭᏎ™ wrote:

I've never seen a thread so effortlessly segued into an off-topic discussion. Haha

Gs needs more of this. Keep it up people!👍

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

Treybo130 wrote:

undertaker65 wrote:

Nah he's not coming back, I did math and he invested at minimum, 2,200K in GS. That's not counting TW.After investing that much in a game then flat out giving it all up, I doubt he's coming back.

Is that 2,200,000 (2,200K)? Seems a bit high.

$2,200

• ΘйэЂцмъВдѕтдяd

Really?

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

ᏴᎾᏴᏴ👥ᏭᏭᏎ™ wrote:

Haha

• ℣āƿօя

🐿Border⚔Pig🐖 wrote:

MattFoley wrote:

4nick8r wrote:

⚔шΞΛᔖΞĿ⚔ wrote:

Gauntlet was crack. I remember spending a few good bucks on a session, especially if you could wrangle 4 players. And typically it was always packed in the arcade.

IMO, only eclipsed by the .

Wanna know a scary little factoid? Gauntlet is on track to be remade for modern day consoles. Due to release next year I believe.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

How is that scary? 4nick8r in a speedo. Now that's scary.

Reply to this topic