Dissecting GS

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Dissecting GS
  • ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

So we all know that TW is mafia based, hence why players are referred to as mobsters.
    But GS is a bit different: players are referred to as "Directors".

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

From what I recall the game's intro makes it clear that governments can no longer provide the basic services that we rely on, so your "organization" is suppose to move in and provide these services.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

So my question is what is the state of the world in GS like?
    Obviously in Turf Wars you are a criminal and have to deal with the police, so the world of TW would look much like the world we live in (though with much more crime).
    But as I said before GS doesn't have "police" or anyone to keep order, the only ones that keep order are us, the directors.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

Should we just assume that we're all a bunch of glorified warlords?
    Should we assume that anywhere not occupied by a director is either lawless or disputed land?

What do you guys think?
    Can anyone else come up with another interpretation?

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

This also explains what happens when you dispute someone's profile.
    When you profile attack another director you are not hitting any of their bases, all that is taking place is a small skirmish in that "disputed" or "lawless" territory.

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

Remember, true criminals wear ties.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Does that make the man who points a gun to your head any less of a criminal?

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

Undertaker65 wrote:

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

That depends on your definition of criminal.

• Treybo130

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Undertaker65 wrote:

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Is he wearing a tie?

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

Treybo130 wrote:

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Undertaker65 wrote:

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Is he wearing a tie?

Not always. Sometimes he wears spandex.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Treybo130 wrote:

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Undertaker65 wrote:

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

Is he wearing a tie?

Not always. Sometimes he wears spandex.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing spandex. I'm just saying.. I think the Chairman wears spandex.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing spandex. I'm just saying.. I think the Chairman wears spandex.

😂

• Real MF

This hurts my tiny brain. I'm going to go lay down now.

• Gii

Always thought of this game as a rendition of George Orwell's 1984 for some reason

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

Another throry is that Global Supremacy is actually taking place years after the events of Turf Wars.
    With governments collapsing nearly all of the big alliances broke apart or reformed into new "syndicates".
    The majority of both powerful and small time mobsters lost their power and influence, however some took advantage of the situation.
    This explains why there are less directors in GS than there are monsters in TW and also why the missions in GS are mostly white collar while missions in TW are blue collar crimes.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

YOU wrote:

Another throry is that Global Supremacy is actually taking place years after the events of Turf Wars.With governments collapsing nearly all of the big alliances broke apart or reformed into new "syndicates".The majority of both powerful and small time mobsters lost their power and influence, however some took advantage of the situation. This explains why there are less directors in GS than there are monsters in TW and also why the missions in GS are mostly white collar while missions in TW are blue collar crimes.

I really like my "GS takes place in the future" theory, any thoughts?

• Yoshi

The in game tutorial says that it takes place in 2037.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

YOU wrote:

God it's true

New conspiracy theory!?
    When the year turns 2037, Turf Wars' servers will go down! 😧

• Noah

Think less often.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

Noah wrote:

Think less often.

But I like thinking 😦

• ███ฺ███ฺ███ฺ███

What happens after the events of GS?

• 👥༌β⁕ввея༌ᏭᏭᏎ™

███ฺ███ฺ███ฺ███ wrote:

All the smart people nuke eachother and the tribal people rule the world once again.

• ՍИƉΞЯΤΑΚΞЯ ⁶⁵

lIlIlIlIlIlI wrote:

███ฺ███ฺ███ฺ███ wrote:

All the smart people nuke eachother and the tribal people rule the world once again.

Tribal Wars!!!

Reply to this topic