Are there any blind players in this game?

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Are there any blind players in this game?
  • Captain Fury

Hello:
    I am totally blind and I use the voiceover screen reader. I would like to know if there are any other blind players in this game. I would like to learn from more experienced blind players about how they do things in this game. I hope I'm not the only one. LOL.
    Peace.

• Dogman

Can you please speak Braille? I have bad hearing.

• [dday]

I haven't seen any other blind players in this game. You may be the only one.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

ⅉⅇⅆⅈ wrote:

Can you please speak Braille? I have bad hearing.

.::.:. .:.::: ...

• ᎢʘUCH👉ʘF😵DΞ∧͒TᎻ

Don't know of any other blind players on here...you may be a pioneer.👍🙂
    👉😵

• PINΞSΛ͒P

Shame on u jokers

• 🐟🐠Ⓕⓘ$⃝ⓗⓨ🐡Ⓐⓝⓕⓨ🐠🐟

Really good progress considering that you're blind!

• ☣Alexander☣

It is awesome that you found a way to play. Not to sound disrespectful of course. Though im curious as to how you know where to build on the map. Care to explain if possible?

• Dogman

☣Alexander☣ wrote:

It is awesome that you found a way to play. Not to sound disrespectful of course. Though im curious as to how you know where to build on the map. Care to explain if possible?

That's what I was thinking.

• Captain Fury

Hello all:
    I use a screen reader built in iOS and OS devices called VOICEOVER. It is by the use of flicks and taps that I am able to know what is displayed on my screen.
    The reason why I asked if there were any other blind players in this game is because I am having some difficulties and maybe they could tell me if they have found a way around those little inconveniences..
    Thank you all for your answers. I appreciate your time and your words.
    I appreciate the good jokes, as well.
    Peace.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

I am intruiged as to how you are able to pinpoint the exact spot where scanned resources are and be able to tap that precise spot to collect them.

• Dogman

Best of luck with this game.

• Captain Fury

Hi all:
    It is thanks to the developers of this game that a blind person is able to play Global Supremacy. They are the ones that have made this game very much accessible. As you know, on the map you are able to select the place that you want to scan. There is a button that says scan, another one that says Center, then you got the refresh and filter. Once I scan a zone, I hit the filter button and (I am guessing) it puts the resources found together so that I only need to tap on them to collect them.

• Captain Fury

Thanks for wishing me good luck in this game. I am enjoying it very much. Those who have an iPhone should try to play the way I do for a few minutes. That would be very interesting and you would understand me a little better.
    Anyway, thank you all for reading and for your questions.
    It is a pleasure to meet you all.
    Have a great day.

• шΞΛᔖΞĿ

Holy crap. I just tried it, that was insane. Glad it works for you bro. 👍🏼 Keep on it! 🍺

• ☣Alexander☣

That was difficult but very cool. I could not figure out how to move the map though. It said use the rotor but i have no idea what that means.

• ☣Alexander☣

Captain fury, thank you for teaching me something new. I wont forget this thats for sure

• Captain Fury

Thank you,шΞΛᔖΞĿ and Alexander, for trying. The rotor that you mention is a feature or a function with VoiceOver that has to be enabled in accessibilities/VoiceOver and you have to select what information you want to receive via the rotor. The way it works is that you place your fingers on the screen and move them as if turning a dial. With it you can select many things such as zoom in and out, hints, headings, etc. Anyway, if it was not for the developers of this game, a blind person would not be able to play this game. They have done an excellent job at making this game as accessible as it can be.
    Have a great day/night.
    Peace.

Reply to this topic