Apple

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Apple
  • PINΞSΛ͒P

Apple went on record with CNN admitting updates are put out to slow down older generations of their devices. They claim they do it to preserve the life of the batteries in the devices but we know that is BS.

• [dday]

Planned obsolescence is a real thing and it is the biggest fucking pile of bullshit (and this is coming from someone who usually keeps their vulgarity to a spoken format)

• PINΞ͒SʘUP

[dday] wrote:

Planned obsolescence is a real thing and it is the biggest fucking pile of bullshit (and this is coming from someone who usually keeps their vulgarity to a spoken format)

No cussing on my Christian server dude...

• Dogman

PINΞ͒SʘUP wrote:

[dday] wrote:

No cussing on my Russian Orthodox server dude...

• Noah

[dday] wrote:

No cussing on my roblox server dude...

• Dogman

dday wrote:

[Noah] wrote:

No cussing on my roblox server dude...

• [dday]

dDogman wrote:

day wrote:

]Noah[ wrote:

Planned obsolescence is a real thing and it is the biggest fucking pile of roblox (and this is coming from someone who usually keeps their vulgarity to a spoken format)

No cussing on my bullshit server dude...

• ΞΛ͒TINDΞΛDBIЯDS

Latest update certainly screwed up my work phone. Im not really mad about it as a user of their products, but Im pissed as a shareholder.

• SLiNKY

I’m willing to bet Apple is not the only company doing this, rather they’re the first industry giant to get caught doing so. I understand the reasoning behind it but it adds up to an annoyance at most for those of us who make our devices last as long as we can.

• PINΞSΛ͒P

SLiNKY wrote:

I’m willing to bet Apple is not the only company doing this, rather they’re the first industry giant to get caught doing so. I understand the reasoning behind it but it adds up to an annoyance at most for those of us who make our devices last as long as we can.

Pure greed, if they are making new phones faster, that’s one thing. Slowing down phones already purchased is complete bullshit. It only took 24 hours for the first lawsuit.

• Treybo130

PINΞSΛ͒P wrote:

SLiNKY wrote:

Pure greed, if they are making new phones faster, that’s one thing. Slowing down phones already purchased is complete bullshit. It only took 24 hours for the first lawsuit.

As a user with over a dozen devices I hope moving forward this will no longer be an issue. It’s been a rumor for years and I’m glad the truth is out. Merry Christmas.

Reply to this topic