Replaced punching codes with tapping screens...

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Replaced punching codes with tapping screens...
  • KrazyEyes

I think it's crazy how many people are saying 'Great! Now I don't need to punch codes anymore', when what they have replaced it with is endless tapping on the screen. You use your stamina to scan the map, as you become a bigger player and get more stamina. Tap the screen to scan. Tap the screen 2-3 times to pick up each resource you find! It so pointless and boring.
    The design of the game is rubbish and looks exactly the same as any other war game out there.
    The user interface is a joke, you need to click through up to 3 or 4 screens to do most actions and the buttons are laid out in a way that things are hard to find.
    Also, calling fighting 'Dispute', what is that?! And when you do Dispute someone, you get an awesome picture of some badass future 'Tron' wannabes... I don't look like that. The good thing about TW is when you fight someone, it's you holding your phone pushing a button, it doesn't make you into some pretend cyborg paintballer like GS does.

• KrazyEyes

I know it's early days, but this game is not very good and it's an outrage that this is what is going to kill Turf Wars.

• ΘйэЂцмъВдѕтдяd

Would you like some cheese with this whine?😪

• KrazyEyes

Nah, it's cool, just take your shoes off, same result.

• Shadow

KrazyEyes wrote:

I know it's early days, but this game is not very good and it's an outrage that this is what is going to kill Turf Wars.

I hardly doubt this game is going to kill turf wars.

• ZRAYGO

KrazyEyes wrote:

Shit dude the answer is in your name. Maybe if you go see a dr it will help

• KrazyEyes

ZRAYGO wrote:

KrazyEyes wrote:

Shit dude the answer is in your name. Maybe if you go see a dr it will help

I should probably wait a while first, I'm blinded by rage after playing GS!

• Doom Giver

I second this post I hate the amount of tapping you have to do at least they make it interesting in tw, I would rather punch codes any day

• KrazyEyes

Doom Giver wrote:

I second this post I hate the amount of tapping you have to do at least they make it interesting in tw, I would rather punch codes any day

My man! Cheers.

• 🔥SirTalkALot🔥

Never understood why people bitch about games. If you don't like it them don't play it...
    No one is forcing you to play.

• Phat Ho

Maybe give the game more than a week. Do you think tw was what it is now after a week? I doubt it. This thing has just been born, wait till it grows up a bit. Or just delete it if you don't have any constructive criticism to offer.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

🔥SirTalkALot🔥 wrote:

Never understood why people bitch about games. If you don't like it them don't play it...No one is forcing you to play.

Because irrational complaining is fun! Plus anyone can do it!

• Picnic Thief

KrazyEyes wrote:

I think it's crazy how many people are saying 'Great! Now I don't need to punch codes anymore', when what they have replaced it with is endless tapping on the screen. You use your stamina to scan the map, as you become a bigger player and get more stamina. Tap the screen to scan. Tap the screen 2-3 times to pick up each resource you find! It so pointless and boring.

You only have 24 stam! What are you whinging about!? And why the hell are you tapping the screen 2 or 3 times to pick up a resource? Have you got no coordination at all?

Different strokes for different folks mate. If you prefer TW, go back to TW and delete this game.

• 🔹aოɳɛʑ🔹

Doom Giver wrote:

Really?!?!
    I'm so glad I will never have to punch another code!

• KrazyEyes

⌖🔥CYRUS🔥⌖ wrote:

Maybe give the game more than a week. Do you think tw was what it is now after a week? I doubt it. This thing has just been born, wait till it grows up a bit. Or just delete it if you don't have any constructive criticism to offer.

That totally is constructive criticism! How will anything change if no one points out the games flaws?
    Also, the only reason not to just delete the game and forget about it, is because people are leaving a much better game (Turf Wars) for the new kid on the block and that is going to kill said game for good.
    It's already been talked about that TW will be around until at least end of 2014 and longer if the player base is there, so I'm just doing my bit to see that it sticks around.

• BakedBananas

KrazyEyes wrote:

I think it's crazy how many people are saying 'Great! Now I don't need to punch codes anymore', when what they have replaced it with is endless tapping on the screen. You use your stamina to scan the map, as you become a bigger player and get more stamina. Tap the screen to scan. Tap the screen 2-3 times to pick up each resource you find! It so pointless and boring. The user interface is a joke, you need to click through up to 3 or 4 screens to do most actions and the buttons are laid out in a way that things are hard to find.Also, calling fighting 'Dispute', what is that?! .

You don't have to back space through numerous pages - just tap and hold the back button and you will go directly to Home page. Also, if some of the bigger players leave TW that could make it more interesting to newer players.

• Holy

I'd be happy if they removed the "tap to zoom" function 😒. But....I still tap and punch codes in TW. I need a life lol

• Carpenter

KrazyEyes wrote:

⌖🔥CYRUS🔥⌖ wrote:

That totally is constructive criticism! How will anything change if no one points out the games flaws?Also, the only reason not to just delete the game and forget about it, is because people are leaving a much better game (Turf Wars) for the new kid on the block and that is going to kill said game for good. It's already been talked about that TW will be around until at least end of 2014 and longer if the player base is there, so I'm just doing my bit to see that it sticks around.

You gave absolutely no constructive criticism... you were just ragin.

• hardtoplaylol

This game is total junk. Turfwars is 100% better then this rubbish

Nick should of made new exciting features to turfwars !!! Instead of making this game

Graphics and designs are completely rubbish (no offense nick) but for somebody with nicks skill level I'm sure he could of made a better game then this

Seriously?? Wtf??

If turfwars dies because of this game I will reset and delete the app👎👎👎👎

• Ruffelz11

hardtoplaylol wrote:

This game is total junk. Turfwars is 100% better then this rubbish

Nick should of made new exciting features to turfwars !!! Instead of making this game

Graphics and designs are completely rubbish (no offense nick) but for somebody with nicks skill level I'm sure he could of made a better game then this

Seriously?? Wtf??

If turfwars dies because of this game I will reset and delete the app👎👎👎👎

Then do it. Nobody cares what you think unless you actually present a real reasoning. Maybe we don't want people like you, who just trash the game they are wasting their own time on.
    At least this game is better than turf wars though, amirite? 😎

• Kobestud

Dont mind me, just a positive comment passing through.... I like this game.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Kobestud wrote:

Dont mind me, just a positive comment passing through.... I like this game.

I do too.

• Merrÿpranxter

It takes me about 1% of the time to scan as it would if I were a diligent mobbed in TW. There really is no comparison when it comes to the amount of time it takes. So, yes, love tapping that screen for loot!

• Merrÿpranxter

And to you whiny cats out there, I really I hope you put your soul into some form of art and a few people come along and tell you what trash it is. Your momma's didn't raise you right. There's a difference between constructive critism and bashing for the sake of bashing. It's rude and uncalled for. Get a grip.

• The Saw

★Λddi★ wrote:

It takes me about 1% of the time to scan as it would if I were a diligent mobbed in TW. There really is no comparison when it comes to the amount of time it takes. So, yes, love tapping that screen for loot!

Agree 1000%. "I'd rather punch codes." Whatever. Zero intellectual effort.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

👆What she said

• ♠♚ℳℛ. ℬ♚♠

What are you talking about?! To punch 1 temp code, it's 8 screen taps, to scan 1 time it's like 2-5 taps. And to get to wherever you want to go in the home screen it can take 1-4 taps, and you can hold the back button to go back home. It's not that hard...

• Cap'n Crunch

★Λddi★ wrote:

And to you whiny cats out there, I really I hope you put your soul into some form of art and a few people come along and tell you what trash it is. Your momma's didn't raise you right. There's a difference between constructive critism and bashing for the sake of bashing. It's rude and uncalled for. Get a grip.

Good point. A lot of hours went into making this game. Regardless of how much we like it, we should still remember that.

• Guywithagun

★Λddi★ wrote:

A little side note to that is the fact that you get immediate results with a scan while with punching codes you won't ever know if THAT player accepted the invite or not.

• •REZ•

💀CΩβRΔ💀 wrote:

★Λddi★ wrote:

A little side note to that is the fact that you get immediate results with a scan while with punching codes you won't ever know if THAT player accepted the invite or not.

Exactly, and this is a new game, new features are bound to come along. 😀

• PRIDE

I still don't understand why people compare this to turf wars. This isn't suppose to beTurf Wars 2.0, both games have their ups and downs.

Reply to this topic