🔪🐠Fishing🙉

ForumsGeneral Discussion › 🔪🐠Fishing🙉
  • ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Does anybody have a suggestion on which type of rod and reel combo is best for catching flounder? I'm thinking about buying an ugly stik but I don't know what combination is best.

• ☣ 🎸ӈɪƖƖßıƖƖγ🎸☣

You can't go wrong with an ugly stik. I use Shakespeare reels on mine.

• ⌖ Viper ⌖

☣ 🎸ӈɪƖƖßıƖƖγ🎸☣ wrote:

I heard Saba was beat with an ugly stick, dunno what kinda reel was on it tho...

• ZRAYGO

⌖ Viper ⌖ wrote:

☣ 🎸ӈɪƖƖßıƖƖγ🎸☣ wrote:

I heard Saba was beat with an ugly stick, dunno what kinda reel was on it tho...

I heard the women hes been with call Saba's dick The Ugly Stick.

• 🎣ℬ₳$$✨ℳ₳$ƬƎƦ🎣

Can't go wrong with a falcon rod shimano citica combo for any species. But that's just the 🎣ℬ₳$$✨ℳ₳$ƬƎƦ🎣 speaking. Take it for what it's worth.

• 🎣ℬ₳$$✨ℳ₳$ƬƎƦ🎣

100 lb power pro on that just cause its worth it to me

• benny da boss

☣ 🎸ӈɪƖƖßıƖƖγ🎸☣ wrote:

I bought my dad an ugly stick for Father's Day, we go fishing every once in awhile.

• Rataxes

1-3kg 5-6ft Shimano

Any 1000 Reel by shimano

Fluro Carbon leader 8pd

Descent 6pd braid

• Rataxes

If you looking at T-Curves, Go check ebay for T-Curve "blanks" or I think they're called 'N.S's'. Just as good without the spono price tag.

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Oh so I take it you guys go fishing a lot? I figured a lot of ppl would respond. I was also talking to a guy at my work that told me that pend defiant was good and that ugly stik was ok but they wear out fast. There's a lot of names out there I'm glad you guys gave me some good ones you know?

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

🎣ℬ₳$$✨ℳ₳$ƬƎƦ🎣 wrote:

Can't go wrong with a falcon rod shimano citica combo for any species. But that's just the 🎣ℬ₳$$✨ℳ₳$ƬƎƦ🎣 speaking. Take it for what it's worth.

Would it matter much if I got a strong rod and caught lite fish with it also? Or would that affect the feel of the fish tugging ?

• ㄗعナع ナℌع ℐɑƙץع

Defo . A strong and powerful rod u will hardly feel small fish on

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

БЯДVΞFДЯΓ wrote:

Defo . A strong and powerful rod u will hardly feel small fish on

Thanks that's what I thought. I bought a nice little green rod from blackfinn. The size is nice for me cause I'm a lady and the rod holds 20 pounds. It's a conventional reel but I figure its ok because I still have 1 other fishing pole for whatever else I need even though that one sucks. But I'll see what happens with this one

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

I just bought it from sports authority. They had a huge selection

• Nuckfuts

I have a medium ugly stick with a shimano solstice 2000 running 10lb nanofil. Seems to work for me!

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Nuckfuts wrote:

I have a medium ugly stick with a shimano solstice 2000 running 10lb nanofil. Seems to work for me!

Yeah, I figured. I asked the guy at sports authority about ugly stiks wearing out and he told me he'd never heard of that, I mean he did seem honest though and he was an expert fisherman so I learned a lot. It was a nice experience and I hope I'm fine with the conventional reel.

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Nuck what do you catch?

• Rataxes

The way things are now recreational anglers are trying to catch their fish using an ultra light setup, meaning their equipment is a lot closer to failure point than it should be, rod reel and line. Makes for a more exciting and intense angling experience, but also frustrating at times lol. If you wanna land more fish the pole you have purchased will do perfectly fine!

• Nuckfuts

Anything that bites! Lol!

• ⌖ Viper ⌖

Nuckfuts wrote:

yup, that's Wisconsin fishin'. When you eat what you catch around here you get 2 fish nuggets and a pile of "seaweed".

• Nuckfuts

⌖ Viper ⌖ wrote:

Nuckfuts wrote:

yup, that's Wisconsin fishin'. When you eat what you catch around here you get 2 fish nuggets and a pile of "seaweed".

Totally!

• ☠♔PRYMUS♔☠

Rataxes wrote:

The way things are now recreational anglers are trying to catch their fish using an ultra light setup, meaning their equipment is a lot closer to failure point than it should be, rod reel and line. Makes for a more exciting and intense angling experience, but also frustrating at times lol. If you wanna land more fish the pole you have purchased will do perfectly fine!

I hope so. So far I've only ever gone fishing off the bridge close to my house. They got flukes, baby blues, striped bass... All of which I caught but never ate ... 😋 Yet. I would love to start though. Only time I caught a fluke was wit a fake rubber bug... Lol go figure

• Nuckfuts

Just caught a 14 inch bass! Works for me!

• FRΞSHY

I love my St Croix rods.

• callitluck

☠♔PRYMUS♔☠ wrote:

Rataxes wrote:

I hope so. So far I've only ever gone fishing off the bridge close to my house. They got flukes, baby blues, striped bass... All of which I caught but never ate ... 😋 Yet. I would love to start though. Only time I caught a fluke was wit a fake rubber bug... Lol go figure

Caught me a nice size ray in Berkeley on a Shakespeare pole can't go wrong with squid

• ㄗعナع ナℌع ℐɑƙץع

Fly fishing is the only way lol, for big Atlantic salmon

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

⌖ Viper ⌖ wrote:

Nuckfuts wrote:

Lol fishing.. In Wisconsin.... What a waste of time!

• FoulRaul69

If I'm flat fishing it's gonna depend on how deep of water ill be fishing on what I'll use. If its skinny water my set up is gonna be a light - Med. action 7 ft rod with a a bait casting reel rated for up to 15 lb line. Ill run 100 yards of Andes Line as a backer then load the rest with a braide line such as power pro up to Bout 20lb. Ill then finish off with a 15lb fluorocarbon leader on the bizznezz end with a 3-0 circle hook. If I'm ocean fishing deep water everything goes up a notch or two... Most important ting is to have a rod that's gonna telegraph the subtle tap- tap of the initial hit but enough back bone to the rod to pull. A potential doormat off the bottom. Ill only use bait casting reals so I can easily give a drop back , with a spinning out fit I feel you can't feed the fish the bait as easy . Fluke love to pounce then mouth their pray a while b4 swallow... I have flatfishes up to 12lbs using these combos , hope it was helpful and tight lines

Reply to this topic