A little whine with my wine and popcorn

Forums โ€บ General Discussion โ€บ A little whine with my wine and popcorn
  • Matgie

I know this is nothing new, but, tonight I feel like whining about it.
    This is a brand new game. I have been working real hard to build my bases, get directorships and balance my energy and stamina so I can level up (get workers) and get resources (upgrades for my bases).
    Then along comes a player who has obviously put a lot of money in to this game (everything is maxed out or almost close and they have 217 bases!) and is now taking directorships from those of us who can't afford to spend all our money on a game.
    If you max yourself out before the game is even a month old, where do you go from here? Part of the fun of these games is leveling up and "making due with what you have".
    Ok, I think I am done now. Back to your regularly scheduled show.

• Sentinel

Amen๐Ÿ™

• ฮ˜ะนัะ‚ั†ะผัŠะ’ะดั•ั‚ะดัd

Matgie,

You are such a babe. GS needs players like you more than you know. Play your game your way and to heck with the fat wallets!

๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ…ฑ

• The Saw

You would think it would get old for them, but I predict it won't. History inevitably will repeat itself.

• Matgie

Wow. I am shocked at the support of my post! I was sure I would get a bunch of "grow up!", "deal with it", "get over it!"
    I am glad to know I am not the only one with these thoughts.
    Thanks guys! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

• Sentinel

Matgie wrote:

Wow. I am shocked at the support of my post! I was sure I would get a bunch of "grow up!", "deal with it", "get over it!" I am glad to know I am not the only one with these thoughts. Thanks guys! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

I'm shocked as well, most GD threads are a competion to see who can be the biggest douche.

• โ˜…ฮ›ubergineโ˜…

Grow up! Deal with it. Get over it!

• Matgie

๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘† LOL that's what I expected

• โ˜…ฮ›ubergineโ˜…

But really, I agree with you. Why max your stats at level 30? It seems a total waste of money to me. There's really not a whole lot to do yet with all those stats, and all the skill points you get from leveling up will go to waste.

• Matgie

Agreed.

I wonder what it costs to gain 50+ directorships (200+ bases) and almost 500 agents in less than 48 hours ?!?!

• ZRAYGO

To each their own. If I had a lot of money I'd prolly max out stats as well. It's all relative.

If I make a couple hundred thousand a year, what's a couple hundred bucks.

• TW_Support

๐Ÿ‘
    I never understood the point of spending money for in game money. At some point the game will die and the money will be lost.

• Spinna

TW_Support wrote:

๐Ÿ‘I never understood the point of spending money for in game money. At some point the game will die and the money will be lost.

I've said this before on a different thread, but I'll say it again here. I personally don't mind spending a reasonable amount of money on a game like this. We've all spent $60 on a new Xbox game and played it for 8 hours, never to play it again. So why not spend $20-$40 on a game like this that we will probably play for a long long time. With this said, I do agree it is kinda pointless to buy your way to the top. It takes the game aspect out of the game.

• Sentinel

Spinna wrote:

TW_Support wrote:

๐Ÿ‘I never understood the point of spending money for in game money. At some point the game will die and the money will be lost.

I've said this before on a different thread, but I'll say it again here. I personally don't mind spending a reasonable amount of money on a game like this. We've all spent $60 on a new Xbox game and played it for 8 hours, never to play it again. So why not spend $20-$40 on a game like this that we will probably play for a long long time. With this said, I do agree it is kinda pointless to buy your way to the top. It takes the game aspect out of the game.

A reasonable amount is fair but 150$ for maxed out stam, health, and energy? Kind of overboard.

• โ™ โ™šโ„ณโ„›. โ„ฌโ™šโ™ 

I mean it's okay to spend money, I think almost all of us are all for dropping $5 at least to support the games development, but I agree, what's the point of maxing once the games been out less than a month? If it was me, I probably wouldn't have fun because I'm stuck where I live.

• BakedBananas

Even if you spend a lot of money on this game, you've still got to put in the time. All power to them, these are the people who enable the majority to play the game for free.

• Treybo130

Paying players will be on top. In two years I'll have more bases and higher stats but I still won't compete with a brand new dude that drops $150 on pay day and maxes out. The difference being I like my bases and have physically been to all of my bases and that's cool. Alliances are key.

• ๐Ÿ”นaแƒษณษ›ส‘๐Ÿ”น

Every game you play that you want to see developed have some sort of payment scheme involved.
    Ofcourse everyone would love to play for free and grow as fast as they can.
    I agree this game isnt cheap if you want to be in the top100, as having workers is the only way to grow.

The way I see it is this game gives me hours of enjoyment so why not spend on it. ยฃ13 a day I don't think is too bad... I see that as 3 pints at the pub, it's all relative.

Many many people will indulge in things whether that is sports/recreation activities.

Example, what is so different from spending ยฃ100 on a tennis racket instead of getting one from a charity shop..... Better equipment makes you a better player.... This game is the same in that regard

• แŽ แŽกแŽชแฆแ‹

๐Ÿ”นaแƒษณษ›ส‘๐Ÿ”น wrote:

Every game you play that you want to see developed have some sort of payment scheme involved.Ofcourse everyone would love to play for free and grow as fast as they can.I agree this game isnt cheap if you want to be in the top100, as having workers is the only way to grow.

The way I see it is this game gives me hours of enjoyment so why not spend on it. ยฃ13 a day I don't think is too bad... I see that as 3 pints at the pub, it's all relative.

Many many people will indulge in things whether that is sports/recreation activities.

Example, what is so different from spending ยฃ100 on a tennis racket instead of getting one from a charity shop..... Better equipment makes you a better player.... This game is the same in that regard

Hours of enjoyment? From what? Waiting 12 hrs for a base to be built. Lol.

• Rฮ›INDแŽงG

Agree, some $$ is ok to me. $10 a paycheck is small but I'd spend it on movies or whatnot. I do like the challenge of trying to lvl up without refills though and will continue that path. To each their own I guess. Some like a challenge and some don't.

• Matgie

You all make very valid points.

I agree, a little money is ok. I have been known to spend $10 here and there in TW. (The grand total being under $100 in 18 months).
    I just think that spending $100s in a day or two just to max out is crazy. As I said before, where so you go from there?

On a side note, thank you to all who have posted! I have to say I am impressed with the comments and the nice-ness of them! There hasn't been any name calling or rudeness! I think this is one of the best debate posts I have ever seen!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

• The Saw

I don't mean to be condescending, but the issue for me is bigger than the money. Spend on what you enjoy, to the extent you can afford. I personally feel borderline obsessed/addicted to this game when I look at how much time per week I spend on GS (now pretty much replacing TW). I get down on myself for other things I could be doing that are productive. I enjoy the game, so that's how I justify it. But I'm a dwarf compared to the top ranking players. How much time do they spend on this game? And what do they have to show for it at the end of the day/week/year/life? Moderation is important with everything.

• ๐Ÿ”นaแƒษณษ›ส‘๐Ÿ”น

I play quite a bit, however, I have been to work, played golf and cooked dinner.... GS doesn't really impede on my everyday life.

Reply to this topic