Anyone know anything about soundbars??

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Anyone know anything about soundbars??
  • Mr Big Cat

So I live in a flat with my mate, I recently got myself a decent telly for my room (a Samsung smart one) - picture is amazing and I'm really happy with it.

In fact cause the telly is so great I think my next logical investment is to compliment the picture with the sound it deserves... Cause it's my room a soundbars seems logical rather than surround sound... But other than that I don't have a clue...

Ideas anyone??

• Mr Big Cat

I should prob add that my budget wouldn't really be more than £250-300 ... Ideally less but don't want to lose too much on the quality

• 🔹aოɳɛʑ🔹

Look at sonos, they have a soundbar that's pretty immense.
    Alternatively, I go to richer sounds for my audio equipment.... Get good deals.
    You definitely want a soundbar? Not surround sound with amp?

• Merrÿpranxter

Sound bar is good for a small area. I definitely recommend it. Other than that go to the electronics store and test them out to see which you like maybe. Nothing better than your own ears.

• FRΞSHY

AudioEngine A5+

• Mr Big Cat

🔹aოɳɛʑ🔹 wrote:

Look at sonos, they have a soundbar that's pretty immense.Alternatively, I go to richer sounds for my audio equipment.... Get good deals.You definitely want a soundbar? Not surround sound with amp?

I think a sound bar maybe more suitable to my room. It's not a huge space, tend to watch on the bed ... Not sure how well a surround sound system would work in a small environment?

• Mr Big Cat

Thanks Addi - I think I need to go out and have a look around. With it being for the bedroom it's not a massive space so feel it maybe my best option.

Cheers Freshy - will look it up

• FRΞSHY

Mr Big Cat wrote:

🔹aოɳɛʑ🔹 wrote:

Look at sonos, they have a soundbar that's pretty immense.Alternatively, I go to richer sounds for my audio equipment.... Get good deals.You definitely want a soundbar? Not surround sound with amp?

I think a sound bar maybe more suitable to my room. It's not a huge space, tend to watch on the bed ... Not sure how well a surround sound system would work in a small environment?

The audioegine is fantastic for music, and watching TV. It has enhanced my bedroom and living room entertainment greatly. It has a self contained amplifier. Has a USB charging port. The quality is out of control. The sound like $1000 studio monitors. The smaller audioegine A2 are equally as impressive.

• FRΞSHY

http://www.stereophile.com/content/audioengine’s-new-a5-and-d1-dac

This over the sonos. And save $200-300

• Paddy_B

eBay

Reply to this topic