Buy Your Power

Forums β€Ί Suggestions β€Ί Buy Your Power
  • Widowmaker

Make a GPS game that doesn't have a "Buy your power" option. One time charge and then small charge for each major patch or expansion to the game. The buying option on these games is so stupid and completely takes the natural competitiveness out of gaming. All your games have been is building/money wars. But yet people still pay to play. It's a shame....

• Gade

Then don't play

• Widowmaker

I'll instead play with your mom. She's free to play.

• Natedogg

I agree Widow. Nothing against people who spend a lot on this game (I've spent a little myself) but you have to have a system of checks and balances in place to protect those who play for free. I think Nick has done a noce job of creating a game that doesn't keep aggressive paying types from ruling the map. It does however keep them from running roughshod over players who don't have the same buying power as other players.

• Natedogg

Widowmaker wrote:

Haha

• ReaperπŸ’€

Natedogg wrote:

Widowmaker wrote:

Haha

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• The Saw

Natedogg wrote:

I think Nick has done a noce job of creating a game that doesn't keep aggressive paying types from ruling the map. It does however keep them from running roughshod over players who don't have the same buying power as other players.

Nick has allowed the high spenders to rule the map without dominating the free or low spenders? Not sure how that works together. Feels like one and the same to me. Maybe they can't take my bases very quickly but I certainly can't compete realistically unless I spend equally. Competition has been stifled pretty quickly with this setup. I think Widow makes a valid point. But building the game isn't about fairness, it's revenue generation. Wonder what the long term differences would be with his suggested revenue flow? Would enough people download it if there was a fee for everyone? I think the model is to get them hooked when free and then they will spend a bit of cheddar.

• Natedogg

That's definitely the model, Saw. Lets face it. There will always be plenty of big spenders in these types of games. Those unwilling to spend will not be able to truely be at the top. That being said, there is plenty of competition to be had amongst the free players so long as the big big spenders are limited as far as capping lower level players. I think a game with a flat fee could work. It may have a lower earnings potential but if the price wasn't ridiculous, people would play. I would anyway.

• Natedogg

I also think a tiering system could be beneficial in controlling competitive balance. If you are only allowed free reign within one tier higher or lower then that's where you would be forced to play. You could always attack lower levels than that but it would be capped as far as how far you could take that.

• π—Ÿπ—’π—šπ—”π—‘

Nick has to make money. It's common sense.

• Natedogg

Everyone it's common sense. That's obvious.

• Natedogg

Everyone "knows" that is.

Reply to this topic