Mapping Levels Are WAY Too Tight

Forums โ€บ Suggestions โ€บ Mapping Levels Are WAY Too Tight
  • Strykr X

I would really like to be able to see my territories, counties, and even states from the map zoomed much farther out. It really makes the world feel small (in the bad way) when you can't even fit one average US territory on your map before it switches to county or state-level view. From a programming standpoint, you could still have these levels, but they could be selectable when you're between certain zoom levels. As it is now, it is quite painful to build new bases across borders, and even the biggest players in the game seem tiny when you can only see them at a state or country level. This is the problem that is most likely to make me grow tired of the game, because it really inhibits a player from being able to marvel at the extent of their own empire. It greatly impacts the long-term fun of the game.

• Strykr X

TLDR: no matter how large your build radius is, we need to be able to see the entire diameter of the build zone on one screen.

• ๐ŸŒŸ โ„•แŽพโ„›แ†โ„‹๐Ÿ’ซะ…แ†แŽฏโ„› ๐ŸŒŸ

Strykr X wrote:

TLDR: no matter how large your build radius is, we need to be able to see the entire diameter of the build zone on one screen.

This! Yes!

• ฮ’ฮŸSS

This must be done.

• ฮžฮ›อ’TINDฮžฮ›DBIะฏDS

Sounds good

• ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ‘‘วคโ„ณ@โ„•๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ’Ž

I agree make it more like TW map

• [dday]

Yes. This.

• Picnic Thief

Wouldn't that make it way too easy to find c4 targets?...

• Strykr X

No, that's not what this topic is about. Yes, it would be nice to see all of your own bases (and only your own bases) zoomed much farther out, but even that isn't the real point being made here.

• Strykr X

The point is that the zoom levels of territory-level grouping are impeding the fun of the game.
    What I mean is this: build a base, virtually anywhere in the United States. Zoom out until bases are removed from the map. You want to see your territory in relation to others around it, so you zoom out, and BAM!! Your whole screen is painted in your color because the map switched to county-level territories. So you then want to see which counties in the state you have bases in, and zoom out again. Before the whole state fits in your view, the screen is painted again in your color because the map switched to state-level territories. So you try to see which states you have bases in, and zoom out some more. Before you can fit even one quarter of the US on screen (or, say, one province in Canada), the screen is painted in your color yet again because it is now showing country-level territories. Zoom out once more to try to fit just the US on screen, and the entire world is painted in your color.

• Strykr X

This is the point of my suggestion...that these zoom levels need to be loosened significantly so that building an empire is visually meaningful. That means if you fit the continental US on your screen, all the states you have influence in should be colored. Fit a whole state on your screen, you should see all your counties in that state colored. Fit a county on the screen, and you should see all your territories in that county colored. Zoom in some more, and all the bases appear.

This would not directly impact gameplay, but would substantially enhance the overall quality of the game, and the enjoyment that players get from it.

• Strykr X

(Corollary: there is absolutely no point in displaying world-level territories. If you have even one base on the planet, the world will be colored solid, which makes the view completely useless. Country-level coloring should be the terminal map view.)

• Matgie

I agree with this

• ะจรŽลฤฮฃะœฮ›ะ™

Strykr X wrote:

This is the point of my suggestion...that these zoom levels need to be loosened significantly so that building an empire is visually meaningful. That means if you fit the continental US on your screen, all the states you have influence in should be colored. Fit a whole state on your screen, you should see all your counties in that state colored. Fit a county on the screen, and you should see all your territories in that county colored. Zoom in some more, and all the bases appear.

This would not directly impact gameplay, but would substantially enhance the overall quality of the game, and the enjoyment that players get from it.

I like this one๐Ÿ‘

• Noah

This would be nice.

• HarlotNightmare

I have noticed this same exact thing glad I'm not alone in the frustration of not being able to zoom out and see the entirety of an area without it kicking over to state view ect...

• Noah

This seriously needs to happen. Like now.

• ๐ŸŒŸ โ„•แŽพโ„›แ†โ„‹๐Ÿ’ซะ…แ†แŽฏโ„› ๐ŸŒŸ

It's has happened. Praise the lord๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ˜‡

• Gnarshke๐Ÿ‘Œ

I would like to see my territories compared to the country im in actually. For now its too difficult to get aware of new teritorrys where i get a tib bonus

• ๐Ÿ—ปnosterZ17๐Ÿ—ป

Qweeter1997 wrote:

It's has happened. Praise the lord๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿ˜‡

Yes it has happened but it needs to happen on a more exponential level

• Strykr X

I am very pleased they implemented this change. It really looks a lot better on the iPhone now. Can't be seen playing on the iPad at work, so a lot of my playtime is on the phone. ๐Ÿ˜„

Reply to this topic