Bringing Hopping Back to GS

ForumsSuggestions › Bringing Hopping Back to GS
  • ᏰลอᏰεαη

I have an idea on how they could bring back hopping without messing with the current gameplay mechanics too much.
    My idea is called the Trafficking Complex, and it works like this.
    There will be 3 extremely rare loots( tier 3 or on their own new tier):
    Safe House
    Drop Spot
    Camouflaged 18-wheelers( all names are up for negotiations. I thought This up in the shower so its a very coarse idea, needs refining.)
    All these three loots would be useless alone( equipping gives no inf boost), but if you put all three on a base( in addition to a vehicle depot) they create the trafficking complex.
    The complex has several main features:
    1. In order to be inconspicuous the base would assume the most common inf of the players bases( 111 inf, 81 inf, etc.)
    2. The base lets you access a new type of base( help me with names people!)

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

3. The new base( called a hopper for now because I lack creativity) can only exist in two points on the map at any time and has a build distance of 1/4 of a 86inf TW turf( some better distance could be made, but I like this for now). The hopper itself has no inf and resembles a newly created base.
    4. The hopper has no build time and costs a slim amount of cash to make( veterans set the limit for me)
    5. Off of a hopper a real base can be made but it incurs a handicap( like a TW airport turf) fora set duration of time.
    6. If a safe house is equipped to that new turf, a player can make hoppers from that turf as well( over time a player could set up a network using these).

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

7. Here's my favorite part: if the trafficking complex is captured or a component is destroyed via c4, the player can no longer make hoppers anywhere.
    8. A player can have no more than 4 trafficking complexes per country
    9. Bases equipped with radar get alerted when a hopper is created within 10 miles( or some other random distance) of his base
    I like this idea because it makes hopping a more strategic practice and adds more dimensions to some turf upgrades. It also allows free players equal opportunity at hopping due to the lower cost of base investment.
    Note: additions and criticisms are encouraged. In fact by reading this you are obligated to comment at least once. If I missed anything in my original idea ill comment afterwards.

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

Also, this idea was meant to add hopping back without messing with core gameplay mechanics, so if it seems like it is very detailed that is because it has to be. Rather than think of it as a fix, I think of adding hopping as an expansion pack type situation.
    If we want hopping to happen I think we need to work within the mechanics already set in play and just add to them. This idea is meant to get our community thinking. Nobody knows player's needs like the players.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

No offense man, i totally get what you mean, but have you ever heard the saying, "keep it simple, stupid"? Lol

Problem is you wrote four posts just explaining a way for players to move across the country.

Airports are FAR easier to explain, and quickly. So the player can learn it quick and get back to the game.

Know what I mean?

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

No offense man, i totally get what you mean, but have you ever heard the saying, "keep it simple, stupid"? Lol

Problem is you wrote four posts just explaining a way for players to move across the country.

Airports are FAR easier to explain, and quickly. So the player can learn it quick and get back to the game.

Know what I mean?

Fair point. However, if you think about it this type of thing isn't so unfamiliar in games. Many iPhone games require parts for large upgrades. Then, all the feature boils down to is hopping with checkpoints. It can be simplified if that's what's needed though. I don't think the majority of the players want airports though, so that solution isn't totally favorable.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Then scratch airports. Is it possible to make it, or a different mechanic, simpler?

Actually maybe airports could work, but they aren't placed at actual airports from google maps. They would just be at locations picked by the devs when that time comes. They could even move them a bit if the need arises. Like if a place gets too crowded, the devs would simply move the location of an airport a few miles north or something.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Does that make sense? Sorry im a tad influenced at the moment.

• Mr.D-Killer

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

dont do drugs

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Mr.D-Killer wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

dont do drugs

I didnt say drugs. I've had a couple glasses of wine...

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Mr.D-Killer wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

dont do drugs

I didnt say drugs. I've had a couple glasses of wine...

He could also be facing peer influence or the influence of a largemouth bass flying around in the room. Influence comes from many places.

• 🎩 Top Hat 🎩

I'm thinking.. Private Jet. Don't ask me how it would work, I have no idea but it would tie into the game's style and shouldn't be over complex.

• Gade

🎩 Top Hat 🎩 wrote:

I'm thinking.. Private Jet. Don't ask me how it would work, I have no idea but it would tie into the game's style and shouldn't be over complex.

No more airports!

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

I agree... Lets call them "sky ports",

• Treybo130

👎👎👎

• The Saw

Go back to TW

• ZRAYGO

I'm tellin ya. Flying Carpets.

• RARE

Allow hopping like turfwars just no airports ever simple as that Make it goal oriented hop 1000 miles get to pick anywhere to plant in another country ?

• Treybo130

No thanks, but thanks for playing.

Reply to this topic