The Bomber on Rolling Stone Cover.

ForumsGeneral Discussion › The Bomber on Rolling Stone Cover.
  • WhtABnchOfDorks

This is like an Internet hoax right? Boston bomber can't make rolling stone cover.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Saw that too. Rolling stone covers news. Being on the cover doesn't mean he's a rock star. Not sure why people can't see that.

• Merrÿpranxter

Funny how people are always concerned with the surface matter. I find it much more concerning that we continue to create these terrorists by killing hundreds of thousands of civilians -- you know the ole cause and effect scenario. Why war has become an investment and our way to an economic boost rather than what it should be. This image is just a product of that machine. It's the machine we need to tinker with, not free speech/press.

• sebriah

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Saw that too. Rolling stone covers news. Being on the cover doesn't mean he's a rock star. Not sure why people can't see that.

Sometimes they do a better job than CNN and Fox News, especially considering both fired all their investigative journalists.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Sometimes they do a better job than CNN and Fox News, especially considering both fired all their investigative journalists.

Exactly. They don't break stories. Hell CNN has even blue screened fake backgrounds to make it seem as if their reporters were on the scene, from a different continent.

• WhtABnchOfDorks

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Uh who said it made him a rock star? Just find it surprising any magazine would put a glamour shot of him on the front page making him out to be a teen heartthrob. Can we at least agree it's in poor taste?

• 💫King Leonidas💫

★Λddi★ wrote:

Funny how people are always concerned with the surface matter. I find it much more concerning that we continue to create these terrorists by killing hundreds of thousands of civilians -- you know the ole cause and effect scenario. Why war has become an investment and our way to an economic boost rather than what it should be. This image is just a product of that machine. It's the machine we need to tinker with, not free speech/press.

It's so true .

• WhtABnchOfDorks

★Λddi★ wrote:

Whoa hold your horses big guy. I'm making zero political statements and maybe you should start your own thread.

I don't understand why people are always worried about the surface issues when we need to get congress to investigate steroids in football.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

SlickRick wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Uh who said it made him a rock star? Just find it surprising any magazine would put a glamour shot of him on the front page making him out to be a teen heartthrob. Can we at least agree it's in poor taste?

No. Not by me. I don't think a picture of him on the cover of rolling stone means more than that. People invented the stigma. Rolling stone can change it.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Oh and here's one source that's saying just the exact thing i said and hour ago.

Rolling Stone blasted for giving rock star treatment to accused Boston bomber
    Fox News ‎- 11 minutes ago
    Rolling Stone magazine is drawing fire for putting Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on its cover, in a glam shot that critics ...

Plus yours i guess.
    First one on google news search...

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Oh and these so called critics should look up the word "ironic". Eitherway you look at it, most people are failing to see this as a slow news day at the moment.

• ΘйэЂцмъВдѕтдяd

SlickRick wrote:

★Λddi★ wrote:

Whoa hold your horses big guy. I'm making zero political statements and maybe you should start your own thread....

Big guy? I don't think so Tim....

• WhtABnchOfDorks

Sorry you lost me.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

SlickRick wrote:

Sorry you lost me.

My point exactly. You have come to an ideal of what value being on the cover of Rolling Stone represents. This guy's picture was on the cover of every news paper in the country a few months back. Plus several magazines.

The reason people noticed this is because we have attributed idols as being on the cover. Not murderers.

It's giving someone a orange every month, then randomly handing them an apple, then oranges again.

Just because its not an orange, doesn't mean it shouldn't occur. You are just too used to oranges.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

On a side note did you notice how Fox News of all people used reworded versions of both of our descriptions after we posted them?

Glam shots, plus rock star.

We should write articles.

• RΛINDᎧG

SlickRick wrote:

Sorry you lost me.

The operative word being GUY!! Check again and don't assume gender is what I think OTB's message is....👍

• WhtABnchOfDorks

Still not sure what your point is. I could make the same arguments as you are if they had put a giant herpes infested swollen penis on the cover.

Never said they shouldn't be allowed and good for them. I personally am just surprised and find it in poor taste.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

SlickRick wrote:

Still not sure what your point is. I could make the same arguments as you are if they had put a giant herpes infested swollen penis on the cover.

Never said they shouldn't be allowed and good for them. I personally am just surprised and find it in poor taste.

Okay. By all means. Would you mind doing so? Maybe if i actually watched you type out my arguments being applied to a STD ridden dick I'd be convinced.

Or is that asking too much of your conviction to the issue?I'll stick around to see it! Lets see if you do.

• sebriah

What exactly would a glamour shot of a herpenis look like? I think that's the most interesting part of this thread.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

What exactly would a glamour shot of a herpenis look like? I think that's the most interesting part of this thread.

I did as well. Im hoping he can elaborate on that. I would love to see it.

• Merrÿpranxter

SlickRick wrote:

★Λddi★ wrote:

Whoa hold your horses big guy. I'm making zero political statements and maybe you should start your own thread.

I don't understand why people are always worried about the surface issues when we need to get congress to investigate steroids in football.

Is that a tear I see? Lol.

Saba must not have shown this one my boobies. There's a first.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

*logs on to pal*
    Dear Saba,
    A little bird told me you have a interesting boob shot...
    Always yours,
    GreenMan
    *stares at palringo home screen for hours awaiting reply*
    😳

• RΛINDᎧG

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

*logs on to pal* Dear Saba,A little bird told me you have a interesting boob shot...Always yours,GreenMan*stares at palringo home screen for hours awaiting reply*😳

Ok, good. So I'm not the only one waiting on a reply. Don't feel so creepy now....😜

• Tom Servo

This is the editors reply to the controversy.

The cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone's long-standing commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage of the most important political and cultural issues of our day," the magazine said. "The fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is young, and in the same age group as many of our readers, makes it all the more important for us to examine the complexities of this issue and gain a more complete understanding of how a tragedy like this happens."

• Merrÿpranxter

Totally valid I think. ^ people write comprehensive books on these stories, why not essays/articles? When have we ever been a country that doesn't write about every damn thing? I hope it sheds light on what sets off these types of people, because most people live in a bubble and need to hear it.

• L. Ron Hubbard

1) there's no difference between this douche bag being on the cover of time, news week, popular mechanic or rolling stone. They're all periodicals looking to sell their wares. Nothing sells like controversy & buzz. You can't say shame on one without saying shame on the others.
    2) The fact that the general public let it bother them is far more disgusting than the fact that his pic appears on the cover. If people would just move on as opposed to screaming in outrage it would go away quickly & quietly.
    3) asdi's tits aren't all that impressive in comparison to some of the others I've seen lately, which is why I haven't really been sharing the wealth so to say. They're not too bad in a boob montage rotation though. 👍

• Merrÿpranxter

^That's code for "fuck you guys, I'm not sharing these."

• EastCoastKing

Such bullshit to complain about his face on the cover. People want to know his story.

• EastCoastKing

I face palmed when I heard the controversy over it was so huge.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

★Λddi★ wrote:

Shucks!

• L. Ron Hubbard

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

★Λddi★ wrote:

Shucks!

I've got you back Greenie 😏. Hit me up on pal & I'll share the motts.

Reply to this topic