How much have you spent

ForumsGeneral Discussion › How much have you spent
  • ProtectiveDaddy

Swagger people spending is all well and good, its how they're able to spend and what on, all I'm spouting about is making it fair, by spending it should influence an element of the game, not all the game, I've put a post up in suggestions that explains what I mean.

• ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ

I have spent nothing so far as I think it's too early on to see if I'm committed to gs

• ProtectiveDaddy

Tw created a certain type of game, in a way it was the length of time you played that influenced your standing in the game....that's what made it so good, if you were there at the start your standing was higher as you were able to punch every code and get a response as time went on and people dropped out the newer players lost that chance. Now people who have spent shed loads already on this game have raced out in front, but unlike tw in a years time someone with deeper pockets could come along and overtake them by spending more, doesnt matter if you've been here since day one or not. Now from nicks viewpoint that's a fantastic thing to have, but for the players, especially those in front is that good and they are the ones filling nicks pockets.

• ProtectiveDaddy

In theory it's a bottomless pit for those at the top and its just another build and get capped for those at the bottom......it's a tiered game not a fair and even tw like I and I'm sure a few others expected it to be. I p,aged tw for over a year and knew I would never catch the big boys, when GS was announced you though yes I, a chance to compete, you were one of the first one here and I bet you thought the same, but within a day the spending started and its just a tw replication now, same 'big boys' at the top and same plodding along making bases and waiting to get capped for the rest of us, why not just bring out a graphical update for tw instead of making GS, people are coming from tw, trying, then going back.

• 💖Swagger💖

TW is far worse than GS for spenders.

I have a turf limit of 5100, essentially with a decent mob I could flood an area with turf and be impossible to beat.

Because there are no mob, targeting turf with c5, levels the playing field between pay/no pay players.

Accept that those with cash will spend and if you can't, this type of game isn't for you.

Getting pissy about it is like sticking a great big target for everyone to aim for.

• 💖Swagger💖

And for the record, I spent about £5000 on turf wars.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

💖Swagger💖 wrote:

I have a turf limit of 5100, essentially with a decent mob I could flood an area with turf and be impossible to beat.

Because there are no mob, targeting turf with c5, levels the playing field between pay/no pay players.

Accept that those with cash will spend and if you can't, this type of game isn't for you.

Getting pissy about it is like sticking a great big target for everyone to aim for.

Im right behind ya then myself. Mine is 5050. I came up with the same thought as you. If i could flood an area with thousands of turfs, i couldn't really lose. Sound tactic IMO.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Err sound tactic in TW only that is. Kinda weird tactic for RL.

• ⚠️🇬🇧Truce🇺🇸🤕

🔥Ţąʝįķ☠Çąƥǫŋę™🔥 wrote:

£0 ....

Lol. Because you spent £30,000 on turf wars and learnt the hard way.

• xxNooYahxx

I'm proud to be a Dave Ramsey follower, and thus spending $0. ;P

• Gade

💖Swagger💖 wrote:

Damn spenders. Even C4 isn't good enough for you, you get to upgrade to C5!
    When do us freeloaders get to use C5? Not until we line the pockets of those who spend their day building this game for us, that's when. It's totally unfair!

• petinc

xxNooYahxx wrote:

I'm proud to be a Dave Ramsey follower, and thus spending $0. ;P

"Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the new status symbol of choice."

• Picnic Thief

I've spent the same as I'd spend on a couple of new console games. Seeing as I only play TW and GS now my gaming costs have stayed the same. Beats the cost of subscription mmo's I've played in the past and the community in TW and GS is, in the majority, mature and friendly.

• Picnic Thief

∞ $ℰℰḲ€ℜ ∞ wrote:

I've spent $2k.....my stats don't show it, I know. 😔 I put it all in attack and defence. 😒

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• 💖Swagger💖

Gade wrote:

💖Swagger💖 wrote:

Damn spenders. Even C4 isn't good enough for you, you get to upgrade to C5!When do us freeloaders get to use C5? Not until we line the pockets of those who spend their day building this game for us, that's when. It's totally unfair!

The advantage of being a beta tester 😉

• BЯʘʘKLY͒И

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Not really weird in RL, if your opponent has 10k troops on the ground and you send in 100k. You will more then likely win. You will loose a few. But victory is in sight. No?

• 🔥SirTalkALot🔥

What is protective daddy trying to accomplish with all this?
    Just get attention? I think we have our first GS troll.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

BЯʘʘKLYИ wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Not really weird in RL, if your opponent has 10k troops on the ground and you send in 100k. You will more then likely win. You will loose a few. But victory is in sight. No?

I have a strange view about what victory entails. If killing 10k soldiers with overwhelming force is winning, I'd think of something else. I'd rather convince the 10k to join me with influence and reasonable compromise.

• Doom Giver

Is it wrong that I only looked for high numbers vet posts and havoc's post? Haha but I've spent $0

• noahdaninja

It's sad to see that many of the idiotic members of the TW forum have carried over onto here. The man asked a question w/o insulting or hating on anyone. Cut your shit or stay off the forums.

• gggccbhfxz

ProtectiveDaddy wrote:

Swagger people spending is all well and good, its how they're able to spend and what on, all I'm spouting about is making it fair, by spending it should influence an element of the game, not all the game, I've put a post up in suggestions that explains what I mean.

Then stop fucking playing if you hate it.

• 🔹aოɳɛʑ🔹

Back to the topic. I've spend $3

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

noahdaninja wrote:

It's sad to see that many of the idiotic members of the TW forum have carried over onto here. The man asked a question w/o insulting or hating on anyone. Cut your shit or stay off the forums.

Soooo we need to change for you because you can't help but look at what we all say? Im not seeing a motive for me.

• Picnic Thief

noahdaninja wrote:

Are you protectivedaddy's protective daddy?

• ℱüℕ6754

🐾ყȏɠɪ🐾 wrote:

noahdaninja wrote:

Are you protectivedaddy's protective daddy?

BLBLJJJEMNNJ THE IRONY

Reply to this topic