Portals? 🚀

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Portals? 🚀
  • ₭íƖʛɵяȩ👥Ƭяøϋʈ

Announcement on the front page says "Winter bonus week (plus portals!) coming soon. " Wth are portals? Is this going to be the equivalent of airports in TW? 😳

• MΛ͒VΞЯICK

I wanted Submarine!!!

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

Yeah, they said portals were coming but never explained what a portal would be able to do. If this is another airport thing then they should stop before they ruin their only real gps game. No airports, just no. 🚫✈️🚫

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

If we are getting portals, the first thing I'm doing is invading Alaska. Qweeter, get ready young'un.

• SLiNKY

I swear to god if someone changes their name to GLaDOS during the update...

• Treybo130

Qweeter1997 wrote:

Yeah, they said portals were coming but never explained what a portal would be able to do. If this is another airport thing then they should stop before they ruin their only real gps game. No airports, just no. 🚫✈️🚫

Agreed

• Devilfish2400

Here we go 👇
    Portal (architecture), a gate, door, or the extremeties (ends) of a tunnel
    A magical or technological doorway that connects two locations, dimensions, or points in time; see Portals in fiction

• miket

They must play Ingres also

• ¯°·Յ།Ǥ Յø̌ՏՏ¯°·

₭íƖʛɵяȩ🐟Ƭяøϋʈ wrote:

Announcement on the front page says "Winter bonus week (plus portals!) coming soon. " Wth are portals? Is this going to be the equivalent of airports in TW? 😳

That's what I'm guessing

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

You guys don't know? It's a portal to the TW universe. It's been a long time coming but GS had to build a little steam first. We're going invade our alternate selves.

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

👥nͥobͣoͫdy👥 wrote:

You guys don't know? It's a portal to the TW universe. It's been a long time coming but GS had to build a little steam first. We're going invade our alternate selves.

😂😂😂

• ☣Alexander☣

In turfwars i'm probably stronger but i dont have 2k carbombs... That would be an interesting crossover to say the least lmao.

• Treybo130

👥nͥobͣoͫdy👥 wrote:

That would get out of hand quickly.

• BANEBERRY

👥nͥobͣoͫdy👥 wrote:

But capping inactives isn't ok on TW!

• ☣Alexander☣

Clearing out inactives is bad on either game. Capping larger inactives with bases to spare isnt. Its all about the economy,

• TW_Support

👥nͥobͣoͫdy👥 wrote:

But is it a mule if you use your GS account for gain in TW?

• Gii

Treybo130 wrote:

Qweeter1997 wrote:

Agreed

No airports!

• SLiNKY

Gii wrote:

Treybo130 wrote:

Qweeter1997 wrote:

Agreed

No airports!

The reason I like GS over TW is the lack of airports. If these "portals" are an airport-like feature, I'll be pissed.

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

Don't forget that Christmas Day Dividend! What do you think, 50 loot weapons?

• MΛ͒VΞЯICK

Since we're not getting the submarine my expectation of the portal is that they will appear out of nowhere and we will have to find and reach them before they move somewhere else. And once entered we will be transported somewhere random on the map.
    Sure sounds like a good interpretation of a portal.
    Do you have a better theory?

• np17036548

It sure is an interesting interpretation, whatever your're transported at random or get the chance to choose a corner of another continent. I think it's an implicit recognition by the game designer that the last update turned "Global Supremacy" into "Continental Supremacy", and portal are designed to repair this mistake.

• 🍺Squirrel+Pig🍺

If rather just see the hop limit extended like it was when the game was young. Technically, the ability to increase base building beyond 15k.

• TΛ͒T

I like the idea of not knowing where it will pop up or drop you off. It pops up in a random location for a 2 day window before it disappears and can drop you in another country once you enter.

• Gii

🌰SquįrręľPįg🐷 wrote:

If rather just see the hop limit extended like it was when the game was young. Technically, the ability to increase base building beyond 15k.

Placing a new, higher cap (like 30k) would eventually even out the playing field

• Ç٨६ś٨٢ Bö٢gį٨

I agree if it's anything like airports the game is ruined. I'd probably stop playing like I did turf wars.

• Psych

If I can choose where to go, O Antarctica, ye desolate land that yields nothing, will ye have any inhabitants of saith game?

• Dr Thug

I like the portal idea if it takes you to a random location. So over being stuck on an island!

• ШÎŁĐΣМΛЙ

What if these portals only take you in a single direction with no two way traffic?

• KickMeFace

★MΛVΞЯICK★ wrote:

I wanted Submarine!!!

• Strykr X

👥nͥobͣoͫdy👥 wrote:

That would actually be quite badass. However, it's far more likely it's going to be an airport equivalent. I agree with the consensus here that they shouldn't be implemented, but unfortunately it won't be about what's best for the existing playerbase...it's about whatever actions encourage people to spend more real money on the game, even if they hate it and the game is destroyed as a result. That's why I'm most afraid portals will be exactly as they sound...de facto airports to encourage the big real money spenders to spend even more trying to conquer a new area.

• Joey Donuts

When I started playing, I was glad that this GPS based game didn't have airports. I think that portals are a bad idea. I get the argument for someone who doesn't have the means or way to travel, but this a location based game. You should at least have to be somewhere to drop a pin, and then work with the hop. It ruined TW for me and looks like this one is following suit. Sad.

Reply to this topic