Movie/TV Trivia

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Movie/TV Trivia
  • SLiNKY

Have any good trivia relating to movies or TV? Share it here! We'd all love to know something new and cool. Here, I'll start us off with a few.

The actor who played the 5th Doctor in the popular TV series Doctor Who is the same actor who played Ragagast the Brown in the first Hobbit movie.

In any superhero movie produced by Marvel, you can always spot Stan Lee in one of the movie's scenes.

The actor who played Johan Schmidt (spell check please) in the movie Captain America: The First Avenger is the same actor who played/plays Eltond in The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movie series.

• SLiNKY

Elrond* not Eltond xD

• ▪False▪

I feel so movie-illiterate. I didn't know any of those.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Blade runner ties into alien, Prometheus, and predator.

Plus the forth doctor's scarf was a gift from Janis Joplin.

• SLiNKY

▪False▪ wrote:

C'mon son, 'bout time you come out from under that rock. 😋

• ▪False▪

NooYah wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

C'mon son, 'bout time you come out from under that rock. 😋

But the rock is cozy. It keeps me shielded from the all too rough fingers of the world.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

▪False▪ wrote:

Inception is Inception. And by that, it is a movie within a movie. At the end of Titanic, Robert Downey Jr. sinks into the Atlantic. But at the beginning of Inception, Robert Downey Jr. washes up ashore a beach.

Ummmm.... You mean decaprio?

• ▪False▪

FUCK

• ▪False▪

That's unfair. I watched Iron Man 3 yesterday. :(

• ▪False▪

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Inception is Inception. And by that, it is a movie within a movie. At the end of Titanic, Robert Downey Jr. sinks into the Atlantic. But at the beginning of Inception, Robert Downey Jr. washes up ashore a beach.

Ummmm.... You mean decaprio?

Inception is Inception. And by that, it is a movie within a movie. At the end of Titanic, Leonardo DeCaprio sinks into the Atlantic. But at the beginning of Inception, Leonardo DeCaprio washes up ashore a beach.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

▪False▪ wrote:

That's unfair. I watched Iron Man 3 yesterday. :(

Im not judging lol. My mind makes far weirder connections than that.

• Matgie

Wizard of Oz used a black women's nylon stocking and a fan to create the tornado.
    There is also a scene where in the background a crewman hangs himself.
    I know... Oldies... But I love that movie!

• ▪False▪

Matgie wrote:

Wizard of Oz used a black women's nylon stocking and a fan to create the tornado. There is also a scene where in the background a crewman hangs himself. I know... Oldies... But I love that movie!

Mother of God. Now that you mention the tornado, I completely see it. O_O

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

Wizard of Oz used a black women's nylon stocking and a fan to create the tornado. There is also a scene where in the background a crewman hangs himself. I know... Oldies... But I love that movie!

Urban legend. However the actress who played the wicked witch did get severely burned on set. However no suicide munchkin or crew member.

The one wizard of oz thing im on the fence about is the dark side of the moon syncy

• ▪False▪

I am off to YouTube to look at all the no-doubt Illuminati conspiracy links that people connected to this scene. :) Brb.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

▪False▪ wrote:

I am off to YouTube to look at all the no-doubt Illuminati conspiracy links that people connected to this scene. :) Brb.

Operation mockingbird is a good place to start.

• Matgie

You're right. Sorry, the hanging is just a rumor.
    I will replace it with;
    The horses in Emerald City palace were colored with Jell-O crystals. The relevant scenes had to be shot quickly, before the horses started to lick it off.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

You're right. Sorry, the hanging is just a rumor. I will replace it with;The horses in Emerald City palace were colored with Jell-O crystals. The relevant scenes had to be shot quickly, before the horses started to lick it off.

No apology necessary! I like that story better anyways!

• Matgie

In the first Star Wars a storm trooper hits his head going through a door way on the Death Star.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The 1988 final episode of St. Elsewhere, known as "The Last One," ended in a context very different from every other episode of the series. As the camera pans away from the snow beginning to fall at St. Eligius hospital, the scene changes to Donald Westphall's autistic son Tommy, along with Daniel Auschlander in an apartment building. Westphall arrives home from a day's work, and wears clothes suggesting that he is a construction worker. "Auschlander" is revealed to be Donald's father, and thus Tommy's grandfather. Donald laments to his father, "I don't understand this autism. I talk to my boy, but...I'm not even sure if he ever hears me...Tommy's locked inside his own world. Staring at that toy all day long. What does he think about?" The toy is revealed to be a snow globe with a replica of St. Eligius hospital inside. Tommy shakes the snow globe, and is told by his father to come and wash his hands, after having left the snow globe on the family's television set

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

One of the more common interpretations of this scene is that as Tommy shakes the snow globe in the apartment, he also makes it snow at the "fictional" St. Eligius. His father and grandfather also seem to work at this hospital even though neither man has ever experienced such a role. By implication this interpretation suggests the total series of events in the series St. Elsewhere had been a product of Tommy Westphall's imagination.
    The Tommy Westphall Universe Hypothesis

The Tommy Westphall universe hypothesis, an idea discussed among some television fans, makes the claim that not only does St. Elsewhere take place within Tommy's mind, but so do numerous other television series which are directly and indirectly connected to St. Elsewhere through fictional crossovers and spin-offs, resulting in a large fictional universe taking place entirely within Tommy's mind.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

In 2002 writer Dwayne McDuffie wrote Six Degrees of St. Elsewhere for the Slush Factory website, the earliest version of the hypothesis to be found online. In a 2003 article published on BBC News Online, St. Elsewhere writer Tom Fontana was quoted as saying, "Someone did the math once... and something like 90 percent of all television took place in Tommy Westphall's mind. God love him.

• ▪False▪

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

In 2002 writer Dwayne McDuffie wrote Six Degrees of St. Elsewhere for the Slush Factory website, the earliest version of the hypothesis to be found online. In a 2003 article published on BBC News Online, St. Elsewhere writer Tom Fontana was quoted as saying, "Someone did the math once... and something like 90 percent of all television took place in Tommy Westphall's mind. God love him.

You just completely raped my mind. Thanks.

• Matgie

Another Star Wars one:
    At the begining when R2-D2 is in the escape pod and C3PO is arguing with him there is a shot of 3PO from the side and you can see the reflection of the camera in his head.

• ▪False▪

In Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull or whatever it is, whenever Jones goes into the temple near the end, R2-D2 and C3P0 appear as glyphs on the wall.

• Matgie

Spider-Man:

When Peter shoots his web at his bedroom lamp and pulls it across the room, it smashes against the wall and breaks. But when Aunt May is talking to Peter from the door seconds later, the lamp is back on the dresser in one piece.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

▪False▪ wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

You just completely raped my mind. Thanks.

Check this out. This website explains ALL the connections found thus far.
    http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers.html

Its seriously mind rape indeed. I lulz the first time i realized the scope of the topic i just posted. Literally thousands of shows and movies co exist in the same universe according to this.

• Hydra

Every one of M. Night. Shamylan's movies features himself as a role or in the backround at some point.

• Matgie

Grease:
    When the Pink Ladies are walking Sandy into the outdoor cafeteria, just after she tells them the name of the boy she met last summer, all the cars in the background are from the 70's, not from the late 50's or early 60's.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

A less obscure one...
    Reservoir Dog's Mr Blonde and Pulp Fiction's Vincent Vega are brothers.

• Matgie

Forrest Gump:
    : Jenny shows Forrest a clipping of him in U.S.A Today (first published in September 1982), but on Jenny's grave it says she died on March 22 1982.

This movie has a lot of factual errors revolving around dates. But that doesn't change what a great movie it is!!

Reply to this topic