Movie/TV Trivia

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Movie/TV Trivia
  • 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

Grease:When the Pink Ladies are walking Sandy into the outdoor cafeteria, just after she tells them the name of the boy she met last summer, all the cars in the background are from the 70's, not from the late 50's or early 60's.

On that note, the walking dead features new car models even though the zombie apocalypse had occurred years earlier.

• SLiNKY

SPOILER ALERT FOR DOCTOR WHO FANS WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE:

The reason they're replacing Matt Smith as the Doctor is because he had to buzz cut his hair for another TV series he's in, and without his hair, Matt would soon lose much popularity. But, since the Doctor did not regenerate, this suggests we may see Matt in the future again.

• RΛINDᎧG

Matgie wrote:

You're right. Sorry, the hanging is just a rumor. I will replace it with;The horses in Emerald City palace were colored with Jell-O crystals. The relevant scenes had to be shot quickly, before the horses started to lick it off.

The original actor to play Tinman had to drop out of production due to an allergic reaction to the silver paint.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

And back to Pulp Fiction...
    - The bible verse Jules quotes before he shoots people, is totally incorrect. Only the part about striking people down with great vigor is even in the bible. And even that is misworded.
    - Kurt Cobain was slated to play "Lance" the heroin dealer, but the deal fell through.
    - Butch keyed Vincent's car after the confrontation in the strip club between the two.
    - QT got the idea for Kill Bill from the pawn store scene when Butch grabs the samurai sword.
    - Red Apple cigs ads appear in most of QTs movies.

• Matgie

And, that tin man actor was actually not originally cast for that role.
    Ray Bolger was originally cast as the Tin Man. However, he insisted that he would rather play the Scarecrow - his childhood idol, Fred Stone had originated that role on stage in 1902. Buddy Ebsen had been cast as the Scarecrow, and now switched roles with Bolger. Unbeknownst to him, however, the make-up for the Tin Man contained aluminum dust, which ended up coating Ebsen's lungs. He also had an allergic reaction to it. One day he was physically unable to breathe and had to be rushed to hospital. The part was immediately recast and MGM gave no public reason why Ebsen was being replaced. The actor considered this the biggest humiliation he ever endured and a personal affront. When Jack Haley took over the part of the Tin Man, he wasn't told why Ebsen had dropped out (and in the meantime, the Tin Man make-up had changed from aluminum dust to aluminum paste as one of its key components).

• Matgie

However, his vocals remain whenever the song "We're off to see the Wizard" is played. Jack Haley's vocals were never used during the song, but were used for "If I Only Had a Heart" and "If I Only Had the Nerve." Ebsen's vocals are also heard in the extended version of "If I were King of the Forest," though the spoken segment has Jack Haley. Although no Ebsen footage from the film has ever been released, surviving still photos show him taking part in the Wicked Witch's castle sequence.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

- oh and Mia Wallace snorts the heroin she finds in Vincent's pocket because.... Lance was out of balloons and puts it in a baggy instead. Which is what most dealers put cocaine in.

Heroin balloons. Coke baggies.

• Matgie

Green man... You sound a little too knowledgeable in how drugs are "stored". Lol

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

NooYah wrote:

SPOILER ALERT FOR DOCTOR WHO FANS WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE:

The reason they're replacing Matt Smith as the Doctor is because he had to buzz cut his hair for another TV series he's in, and without his hair, Matt would soon lose much popularity. But, since the Doctor did not regenerate, this suggests we may see Matt in the future again.

Makes sense. I guess we'll know for sure in November.

On this topic I'd like to include that Matt Smith had a very minor role in "the secret diary of a call girl" season 1. The show's main character is played by Billie Piper aka Rose Tyler of David Tennent's Doctor who days. Also diary of a call girl was on showtime, which is partly owned by bbc.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

Green man... You sound a little too knowledgeable in how drugs are "stored". Lol

Oh? I guess im just not in the business of being a little too unknowledgable about the topics i talk about 😜

• Matgie

Lol Greenman! It's important to be knowledgeable. Otherwise you can end up looking very stupid. I know people who look stupid on a regular basis!

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

Lol Greenman! It's important to be knowledgeable. Otherwise you can end up looking very stupid. I know people who look stupid on a regular basis!

No amount of knowledge can help that from occurring.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The Wold Newton family is a literary concept derived from a form of crossover fiction developed by the science fiction writer Philip José Farmer. Farmer suggested in two "biographies" of fictional characters (Tarzan Alive and Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life), that the (real) meteorite which fell in Wold Newton, Yorkshire, England, on December 13, 1795, was radioactive and caused genetic mutations in the occupants of a passing coach. Many of their descendants were thus endowed with extremely high intelligence and strength, as well as an exceptional capacity and drive to perform good, or, as the case may be, evil deeds

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The progeny of these travellers were purported to have been the real-life originals of fictionalised characters, both heroic and villainous, over the last few hundred years, such as Sherlock Holmes, Tarzan, Doc Savage, and Lord Peter Wimsey.
    Other popular characters included by Farmer as members of the Wold Newton family are: Solomon Kane; Captain Blood; The Scarlet Pimpernel; Sherlock Holmes's nemesis Professor Moriarty; Phileas Fogg; The Time Traveller (main character of The Time Machine by H. G. Wells); Allan Quatermain; A.J. Raffles; Professor Challenger; Richard Hannay; Bulldog Drummond; the evil Fu Manchu and his adversary, Sir Denis Nayland Smith; G-8; The Shadow; Sam Spade; Doc Savage's cousin Patricia Savage, and one of his five assistants, Monk Mayfair; The Spider; Nero Wolfe; Mr. Moto; The Avenger; Philip Marlowe; James Bond; Lew Archer; Travis McGee; Monsieur Lecoq; and Arsène Lupin.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

In a nutshell Sherlock Holmes, Fu Manchu, and James Bond, are related and in the same universe because of a real life meteor in England.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

The Wold Cottage meteorite (also called the Wold Newton meteorite) fell at 3 p.m. on 13 December 1795 a few miles away from the hamlet of Wold Newton in Yorkshire, England. The meteorite fell two fields away from a large house, the Wold Cottage, owned by Edward Topham. Topham was a poet, playwright, landowner and well respected local.
    The meteorite is an L6 ordinary chondrite weighing around 25 kg. The Wold Cottage meteorite was the first meteorite observed to fall in Britain and is the second largest ever recorded to land in the United Kingdom. It was used by scientists as proof that extraterrestrial matter existed, and was made of the same materials as terrestrial matter.

James Sowerby, a naturalist, acquired it and gave fragments to interested people. Sowerby's fragments are now held by the Natural History Museum in London.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

There is a brick monument in the field where the meteorite fell, commemorating the event. It was built by Edward Topham, the owner of the land, in 1799 to mark the exact spot where the meteorite fell.

Here
    On this Spot, Decr. 13th, 1795
    Fell from the Atmoſphere
    AN EXTRAORDINARY STONE
    In Breadth 28 inches
    In Length 36 inches
    and
    Whoſe Weight was 56 pounds.
    THIS COLUMN
    In Memory of it
    Was erected by
    EDWARD TOPHAM

• ▪False▪

I have newfound respect for Greenman now. He may have screwed up some math, but he sure is a trivia aficionado.👌👍

• E=MC(Hammer)

NooYah wrote:

Have any good trivia relating to movies or TV? Share it here! We'd all love to know something new and cool. Here, I'll start us off with a few.

The actor who played the 5th Doctor in the popular TV series Doctor Who is the same actor who played Ragagast the Brown in the first Hobbit movie.

In any superhero movie produced by Marvel, you can always spot Stan Lee in one of the movie's scenes.

The actor who played Johan Schmidt (spell check please) in the movie Captain America: The First Avenger is the same actor who played/plays Eltond in The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movie series.

*Radagast
    *Johann
    *Elrond
    And I don't see how Hugo Weaving or other actors being in different movies makes it trivia. Movie/TV trivia is like there being a superman in every episode of Seinfeld.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

▪False▪ wrote:

I have newfound respect for Greenman now. He may have screwed up some math, but he sure is a trivia aficionado.👌👍

Haha. Posted the second i PMd you. Uncanny. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

NooYah wrote:

Have any good trivia relating to movies or TV? Share it here! We'd all love to know something new and cool. Here, I'll start us off with a few.

The actor who played the 5th Doctor in the popular TV series Doctor Who is the same actor who played Ragagast the Brown in the first Hobbit movie.

In any superhero movie produced by Marvel, you can always spot Stan Lee in one of the movie's scenes.

The actor who played Johan Schmidt (spell check please) in the movie Captain America: The First Avenger is the same actor who played/plays Eltond in The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movie series.

Oh yeah the thing i posted last about the meteor, relates to this.

• ▪False▪

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Haha. Posted the second i PMd you. Uncanny. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

EXACTLY! I saw the blip come up as soon as I posted it. I was like... Holy shit, Greenman is a wizard.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

▪False▪ wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

EXACTLY! I saw the blip come up as soon as I posted it. I was like... Holy shit, Greenman is a wizard.

Or are we BOTH in fact wizards?

• ㄎңձժø൰ シャドー

Whenever greenman posts, I wonder if he knows this shit in such detail by memory, or if he's looking it up as he goes...

If its the lader, what sources do you commonly use for info? Wiki? Google? Some .onion links?

• ▪False▪

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Or are we BOTH in fact wizards?

"UR A WIZURD, HARRY,". Random thought. I don't know if I'm a wizard or not. But I did go to Hogwarts School of Trollcraft and Dickery.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

ㄎңձժø൰ シャドー wrote:

Whenever greenman posts, I wonder if he knows this shit in such detail by memory, or if he's looking it up as he goes...

If its the lader, what sources do you commonly use for info? Wiki? Google? Some .onion links?

Web crawlers, data mining, forum lurking, deep web think tanks, books. I know about the things i post about. I am just too lazy to type out the stuff on my desk and in my PC, on this iPad's keyboard, for the people in an ipad game.

Sorry if i copy and paste sometimes. I always try to inform you all if i am doing just that. I also usually convey whether im posting fact or fiction. I just post now because some people like it. Im not trying to convince, just convey.

• Sir Duckface

Blue's Clues (kids show)

The original owner of Blue died due to meth OD.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Sir Duckface wrote:

Blue's Clues (kids show)

The original owner of Blue died due to meth OD.

Which he got from Salt and Pepper!

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

This one is hard to prove, but I've spotted them in the film myself....

In the film "12 monkeys", there are supposedly 12 actual monkeys hidden throughout the movie. I've only found 10 though. I still watch it occasionally to try and find the other ones. I've even been told there are 13, but i don't know.

Reply to this topic