Describe thought.

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Describe thought.
  • ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ

Reality is simply how we choose to perceive it. We are not all living in the same world. There is more beyond this world than modern physics could ever explain. ..

How much of what you think and experience is your brain, and how much is your spirit/soul?

• GandalfTheDank

My mind works kinda like the song Guilty Conscience (by Eminem and Dr. Dre). Although I don't rape people or shoot people or rob liquor stores...

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

ⅉⅇⅆⅈ ཫཬསབϯའཪངƙऽ wrote:

Reality is simply how we choose to perceive it. We are not all living in the same world. There is more beyond this world than modern physics could ever explain. ..

How much of what you think and experience is your brain, and how much is your spirit/soul?

I think im mostly soul when it comes to experiences gained, and what I'll go back to. If you think about it, all we all are is energy and matter intertwined. But I think our soul is a third component to this. Where as matter and energy comes and goes, i think the soul is special. It's like a dense, imprintable, static field. So dense that it doesn't simply mix with the other atoms around it. It absorbs experiences and adds them to a mass pool of consciousness.

I cant think of what other purpose there could be.

• sebriah

Temple Grandin thinks in pictures and says words are a second language.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

Temple Grandin thinks in pictures and says words are a second language.

They kinda must be if you think about it. Well maybe.

• 🔫ØᎦᏌ✴ᏀĮЯŁ🌹

I think and think and rethink about anything and everything and all of the possibilities of outcomes and how they will impact me and others and then start to worry about the thoughts I had where things go a mess although that thought may never happen in reality lol so I get myself worked up from thinking and say I should just not think as much and go with it .. But then I think that's not a good idea 😜

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

How vivid is everyone's visualizations? Like when you guys imagine an image or scene, on a scale of 1-10, one being extremely faint visualization of your thoughts, 5 being somewhat visible yet still semi transparent, and 10 being as easy to see as any physical objects around you.

• Tech™ ︻┳テ=一 ®

Voice(s) sometimes commentates on what I'm doing, random stuff...very interesting though.

• clone9786

💖Swagger💖 wrote:

I think in words, which is fine most of the time.

The problem comes when I try to think through an impossible situation.

For example: What might happen if...

The 'voices' tend to find the worst case scenario and make it worse (far worse).

At best this paralyses me into inaction, at worst can lead me into a terrible spiral of depression.

Therefore, I'm learning to not think about stuff. Lol.

I used to be (and still kinda am) this way. I just work through it by reasoning it out by having a sort of argument proving why its a rediculous idea. Works most the time.

• HARDHITTA

从ㄠㄊ丹 wrote:

I've been replaying the same hand of poker in my head for 2.5 hours. How to break the loop?!?!

Fold your hand cause your gonna lose anyway

• ℱüℕ6754

When it think, or read its in words. If I'm reading a book it's voice and picture

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

If I am in serious thought, I hear my voice, but usually I don't hear anything. I just think.
    I don't know about y'all, but sometimes my thoughts translate into physical stimuli such as pain. If I think of a certain thing, I will actually feel moderate amounts of pain in the back of my head and sometimes my extremities.

• ᏰลอᏰεαη

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

How vivid is everyone's visualizations? Like when you guys imagine an image or scene, on a scale of 1-10, one being extremely faint visualization of your thoughts, 5 being somewhat visible yet still semi transparent, and 10 being as easy to see as any physical objects around you.

2 for me. Most of the time images in my head blur with ideas or other images, or I can only focus on one object in an image.
    As an example if I try to close my eyes and see the front of my house all I see is a swirl of color and a mailbox and maybe a silhouette of the house. I understand what my house looks like and can easily describe it, but my minds eye( hate this expression but it seems accurate) can't see it if that makes sense.

• GandalfTheDank

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Probably around 6.5, but I can't focus on it for more than a half second.

Reply to this topic