House of Cards

ForumsGeneral Discussion › House of Cards
  • Matgie

Just started this series on Netflix. Anyone else watch it? What are your thoughts?

• MR.RICKWAY

Love it...

• Spinna

It was a really good series. I didn't realize how new it was, and was expecting to have atleast two seasons to watch. Watch the first season in a couple days. Needless to say I was very disappointed when I realized season 2 isn't out yet.

• sebriah

You know it's going to be an interesting show if the main character kills a dog with his bare hands in the opening scene

• Sentinel

What's it about?

• ⌖ Viper ⌖

Great show, they assembled a pretty dang good cast for this. Season one had some great twists, looking forward to season two.

• thepunk

On Netfix there is two versions of this show, an English version that rocks and the new version, which rocks too!

• The Archduke

Good show. Man, Buttercup can sure be a B#^%€*. Who knew?

• Matgie

Sentinel- it's a Netflix series about politics. Here is a desciption:
    Ruthless and cunning, Congressman Francis Underwood and his wife Claire stop at nothing to conquer everything. This wicked political drama penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex, and corruption in modern D.C.
    We watched the first 3 last night. Enjoyed it!!

• Sentinel

Matgie wrote:

Sentinel- it's a Netflix series about politics. Here is a desciption:Ruthless and cunning, Congressman Francis Underwood and his wife Claire stop at nothing to conquer everything. This wicked political drama penetrates the shadowy world of greed, sex, and corruption in modern D.C. We watched the first 3 last night. Enjoyed it!!

Sounds interesting, I might go check it out.

• BakedBananas

I didn't like at at first because the main characters are so despicable. But my Other Half enjoyed it, so we watched the whole series. Think I might go back and watch the first few episodes again as I wasn't really paying attention to it.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Im gonna check it out.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Okay im watching the first episode. Did it jump to 2016 randomly?

• sebriah

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

No...why do you think that?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

No...why do you think that?

Because it started at a 2013 New Years party, then the president was elected like 20 mins later in the episode.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Oh yeah! Nevermind. I remember now. They are sworn in in January. Forgot that. Im stoned.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

I got it confused with elections in November.

• Matgie

So, what do you think, so far?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

So, what do you think, so far?

Fucking awesome. Im a big Spacey and Mara fan. If i knew their were in it i would have watched it a couple days ago. Plus the story is great. It's what I feel happens alot in American politics. Backstabbing and personal agendas coming before the good of the people.

It cool looking at things from the point of view of people who seek power over rationality.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

It's alot like House of Lies, except Don Cheadle's character in that is far more conflicted than Kevin Spacey's character in this. I mean you can tell this guy doesn't give a shit about anything but what he wants to do, and what he has to do to get away with it.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Just in the middle of episode 5. Sexy Kate Mara scene. Im hooked.

• sebriah

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Just in the middle of episode 5. Sexy Kate Mara scene. Im hooked.

Lmao!

• sebriah

Just wish Netflix would make more seasons instead of hemlock grove and orange is the new black

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

Just wish Netflix would make more seasons instead of hemlock grove and orange is the new black

Yeah Hemlock grove didnt seem interesting when i read about it.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Oh man! The scene where the guy tries to get back at Underwood by rallying homeless people to pretend they have more protestors, and Underwood just offering them all food to defeat his argument. That's how you do it. Make a fool out of their rebute.

• sebriah

Don't know that anyone could have played Underwood like Spacey. And I was amazed how much ground each episode covered. Hard to believe they are only an hour but that may have been more my binge watching than anything else.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

Don't know that anyone could have played Underwood like Spacey. And I was amazed how much ground each episode covered. Hard to believe they are only an hour but that may have been more my binge watching than anything else.

Agreed. He plays bad guy characters so well. Look at Se7en and usual suspects! He just has a way of presenting such controlled rage. He's obviously not the good guy. But you forget to care about it and want him to get what he wants. Seriously good story. Not amazing writing, but the subject makes up for it.

• Matgie

We are starting with episode 7 tonight. Not sure how far we will get.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Matgie wrote:

We are starting with episode 7 tonight. Not sure how far we will get.

Im on ten. 7 is good, but pay attention! Things start to begin popping back up later for the next few episodes. I liked the twists!

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Oh dudes. Episode 11 is a big one. It takes the story on a different level. This dude goes from being one evil thing, to a totally different more evil thing within one scene, and his expression doesn't even change.

This show is actually about as gripping as dexter.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Actually Michael c. Hall isn't close to being on Spacey's level. And I fucking love dexter.

Reply to this topic