New taxing

ForumsSuggestions › New taxing
  • nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

I think it would offer an amazing dynamic in the game if a directorships bonus came from all the players in the territory they controlled. Like a tax. That would motivate players to overthrow the director and fight for the top.

• ZRAYGO

Hmmmmm

• noahdaninja

+1!

• TrailerTrash

Interesting. 👍

• Mr.D-Killer

+1👍

• 从ㄠㄊ丹

Great idea

• Squatf

I like it

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Im down. Sounds like a reason to fight over something.

• 🌟 ℕᎾℛᏆℋ💫ЅᏆᎯℛ 🌟

👍👍👍 right now having a directorship doesn't mean much.👍

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

I think the 10% income bonus that we have now is awesome but having that come out of the other players in the territory would fire them up create some friction.

• 👻ßᵃƌḁʂʂǤℌǿṩϮ👻

Agreed

• ŦλC̸_ŦłβΣƦłUM̸

+1 for this

• Tech™ ︻┳テ=一 ®

I'm glad nobody thought of this...

• Redneck💩

+1 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• ✧Ɗoͣѵͩɑͩ✧

Hey remember my Ubercapos idea for TW? Basically was this. Good idea though.

• Herp

I hate this idea.

• rycassidy

Sounds good!

• dogfolife69

👤nͥobͣoͫdy👤 wrote:

I think the 10% income bonus that we have now is awesome but having that come out of the other players in the territory would fire them up create some friction.

Sounds good to me

• Djinn

Rather than the 10% come from the players, it should be a tax you can set on top of that boost. Say from 1% to 50% of the players income in the territory. That way the friction created is greater or worse depending who is in charge. Plus it creates incentive to take over city areas instead of the sticks, more people under you creates more money for you.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

Djinn wrote:

Rather than the 10% come from the players, it should be a tax you can set on top of that boost. Say from 1% to 50% of the players income in the territory. That way the friction created is greater or worse depending who is in charge. Plus it creates incentive to take over city areas instead of the sticks, more people under you creates more money for you.

Oh I like it! You could tax your serfs into a revolution! Or be a benevolent dictator. A broke benevolent dictator haha!

• sumthinscary

+1👍

• Djinn

Exactly. You would be deciding your own level of beat down with the taxes. Want to see a city kick your butt in under 20 minutes? Raise taxes to 40%; but if 5 minutes is more to your taste raise it to 50%. I think a small percent I could overlook, but you get greedy I for one would attack.

• Djinn

Oh, and when you think about it, the average pay is like a mil a day? So at 4% you make $40k /player. 100 players in the city would be a $400,000 boost with just 4% tax. Even at 1% it is still an extra $100,000. More players would be higher of course.

Anyway, you get the idea. Even benevolent you make decent cash.

• Tech™ ︻┳テ=一 ®

👤nͥobͣoͫdy👤 wrote:

I think it would offer an amazing dynamic in the game if a directorships bonus came from all the players in the territory they controlled. Like a tax. That would motivate players to overthrow the director and fight for the top.

Can't believe nobody thought of this👍

• ▪False▪

.... HEY. Am I the only one that realizes that there are people that would be getting QUINTUPLE taxed? If you live in Brooklyn or any surrounding area in New York, the #1 guy is the director. He would be taxing your county, your state, your country, and taxing the entire world. Seems fair. Bad idea. I don't want to get taxed by players that are no where near me. I.e: This guy 60 miles away from me that owns the state.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

▪False▪ wrote:

.... HEY. Am I the only one that realizes that there are people that would be getting QUINTUPLE taxed? If you live in Brooklyn or any surrounding area in New York, the #1 guy is the director. He would be taxing your county, your state, your country, and taxing the entire world. Seems fair. Bad idea. I don't want to get taxed by players that are no where near me. I.e: This guy 60 miles away from me that owns the state.

And you think you don't get quintuple taxed IRL!?

• ▪False▪

👤nͥobͣoͫdy👤 wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

And you think you don't get quintuple taxed IRL!?

Oh. You do. I know that, lol. But still.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

I think the quadruple taxing could only offer more depth to the game. The whole world could unite against H@voc or Brooklyn or whoever. You could have situations where Player1 owns the state but Player2 owns the county, and city and Player one pays tax to Player2 twice and Player1 once. I could see alliances forming JUST to manage taxes.

• Wolffe-VC

Hmmm... Interesting
    I think the idea needs to be expanded more.
    With better rules and limitations so it doesn't get over blown.
    But it has potential

• Djinn

The other thing is, and this is the driving point for me:

Right now why do you care who owns the county state or even the world? It has no effect on you. With this in place, on the other hand, you have a reason to use that c4 on the guy in pakislan to overthrow his 40% world tax. And how long will a world dictator be able to hold on to that title even with a 1% tax everyone wants?

I do agree there needs to be some expounding on the rules. For instance, there should be a timer for the tax so that you cant have only ruled an hour and collect it. Also, no tax collected should mean no tax taken.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

Having a Syndicate immune to or share some of those taxes would also motivate players to fight food it. Unless you're in the top of the leader board it's damn near impossible to, and thus pointless to strive for that spot. From the little guys perspective who cares if you're replacing one dick tater (yes that was on purpose😜) for another unless you can share the spoils.

Reply to this topic