Meaning behind your name?

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Meaning behind your name?
  • Kobestud

Mines kinda self explanatory

• Marilyn

My GS & TW name are the same, but if I mentioned the meaning behind it, it would spoil the fun.

• ★TЯΛVDOG★

Travdog was my highschool nick name many years ago, I'm stuck with it for life. The 70 I used to have with it was my birth year

• 💫Mr Pussy💫

Mr Pussy - coz I am a pussy cat really

• Warmachine777

Same name, different numbers, depending on accessibility as a username. Acquired through divine intervention and thieving sibling.

• bluetrain

Coltrane tune 🎷

• Marco

Just my RL name😜

• Treybo130

Nickname and plane.

• ÐɅłᏕHł

Daishi is the name of a battle mech in a PC game called MechWarrior3 from the late 90's..

Daishi translates to 'Great Death'.

• 🌍Luͣrͩcͩher🌍

Lurcher - Took the name in memory after the death of a pet, and because they are efficient hunters with no pedigree.

• ♠♚SCARSMURDA♚♠

My TW name

• тʊʀғᵃ

My TW name. Some TW players might remember what it stands for.

• xrāy

I used to zap things with high intensity X-rays. Bzzzzztttt 💥

• ♠♚ℳℛ. ℬ♚♠

I started here as my TW name, but I shortened it and added tags, there are some that call me Buttwipe. I honestly don't know why I chose the name, I think I just wanted a funny name and I didn't think I'd be playing TW for that long, but I got sucked in for over a year, still play it every couple days, but I've dug myself deep into this game already 👊

• Tony Ovafski

Mine is a play on my RL name.

• ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ

♠♚ℳℛ. ℬ♚♠ wrote:

I started here as my TW name, but I shortened it and added tags, there are some that call me Buttwipe. I honestly don't know why I chose the name, I think I just wanted a funny name and I didn't think I'd be playing TW for that long, but I got sucked in for over a year, still play it every couple days, but I've dug myself deep into this game already 👊

Oh, it's you. I thought you left the syndicate and a new player joined instead.

• 4nick8r

My rl name isn't Nick & I'm not 48.

• 🍁J.U.🍁

JohnnyUnknown

When i first started going to this one metal / grunge bar, there was always a wicked moshpit every friday. One dude said i would always come from the unknown and lay waste in the pit, then disappear again, repeated many times thru the night.

Thats when he started calling me JohnnyUnknown.

Good memories.

• ♠♚ℳℛ. ℬ♚♠

ɅɭɭMᗅNЯ wrote:

♠♚ℳℛ. ℬ♚♠ wrote:

Oh, it's you. I thought you left the syndicate and a new player joined instead.

Haha no, it's a fresh new look for me lol

• Cap'n Crunch

Capping 'n crunching. Argh!

• BADKITTY BABYYY

cheese wrote:

It was chocolate or cheese....I mean, who doesn't like cheese?

I like cheese 👍

• ✧Ɗoͣѵͩɑͩ✧

When I made my account I liked Skyrim. Dovah means something or other in the game. Misspelled and we come to Dova

• Shadow

TW and GS name is for my cousin shadow who passed away a couple years ago in a car accident.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Raymond "Ray" Robinson (October 29, 1910 – June 11, 1985) was a severely disfigured man whose years of nighttime walks made him into a figure of urban legend in western Pennsylvania. Robinson was so badly injured in a childhood electrical accident that he could not go out in public without fear of creating a panic, so he went for long walks after dark. Local residents (who would drive his road in hopes of meeting him) called him The Green Man or Charlie No-Face, and they passed on tales about him to their children and grandchildren. Teenagers raised on these tales are sometimes surprised to discover that he was a real person, well liked by his neighbors and his family.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Robinson was eight years old when he was injured by an electrical line on the Morado Bridge, outside of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania while attempting to view a bird's nest. The bridge carried a trolley, and had electrical lines of both 1,200 volts and 22,000 volts which had killed another boy less than a year earlier. Robinson was not expected to survive; he lived, but he was badly scarred and lost his eyes and nose, one ear, and one arm.

Robinson lived in Koppel, PA and spent his days at home with relatives, making doormats, wallets, and belts to sell. Because of his appearance, he rarely ventured out during the day. However, at night, he went for long walks on a quiet stretch of State Route 351, feeling his way along with a walking stick and his feet.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Groups of locals regularly gathered to search for him walking along the roadway. Robinson usually hid from his curious neighbors, but would sometimes exchange a short conversation or a photograph for beer or cigarettes. Some were friendly, others cruel, but none of his encounters deterred Robinson from his nightly walks. He was struck by cars more than once. Robinson stopped his long walks during the last years of his life, and retired to the Beaver County Geriatric Center, where he died in 1985.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Robinson became a local myth in the Pittsburgh area, and his real story was obscured by urban legend. In the stories, he was the Green Man, an employee of a power company who was, in some versions of the story, hit by a downed power line and in other versions, struck by lightning, after which he died or hid in an abandoned house. To the disfigurement Robinson suffered in reality, legend added an open hole in one cheek and glowing green skin.
    Through several generations, Robinson's story has been passed on so many times that his name and his real history have been overshadowed by the ghost story which grew out of them.

• mike1998

My name is OG mudbone and I was born in a taxi on a dusty highway on the outskirts of town

• mike1998

That's why I'm mike1998

• Wolf⛵️Larsen

It's from Jack London's The Sea-Wolf, written in 1904.

Reply to this topic