Meaning behind your name?

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Meaning behind your name?
  • RARE

It's rare that I don't spam palringo rooms with penis pictures

• Picnic Thief

Got nicknamed 'the bear' at Uni, then a guy we used to play pool with a lot, for some unknown reason, convinced himself I was gay. He kept acting weirder and weirder until one busy night round the pool table he just blurted out, "Phil, are you gay?" . My answer was lost in the sheer volume of laughter from my mates round the table who then decided my new nickname was 'The Big Gay Bear'. This evolved to Yogi Bear, hence Yogi. I also have a variant 'Yogimu' which is my Japanese alter ego. That's a story for another time.

• ☦ʂaƀĭƞᵗᵡ☦

Named my dog sabin, and been using it as my online persona for a while. Not Nick Sabin, but Jim Sabin, motorcycle builder (sabin performance dot com)

Oh..Albert Bruce Sabin (August 26, 1906 – March 3, 1993) was an Polish medical researcher best known for having developed an oral polio vaccine.

• *Queen Nicole*

I joined a beauty contest for my town for fun because my friend didn't want to do it alone (I thought it was lame.) I ended up winning and being the "Queen" and she didn't get in my court. :/ Pretty sure she still hates me for it, but once a Queen always a Queen. :) Watch out Miss USA, I'm coming for ya ;)

• Rataxes

Rataxes was The Lord of Rhinoland haha, he never stops trying to take down his adversary but fails all too often. Quite fitting I thought

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Rataxes wrote:

Rataxes was The Lord of Rhinoland haha, he never stops trying to take down his adversary but fails all too often. Quite fitting I thought

To quote the Daleks, EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!

• Jack Aubrey

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Rataxes wrote:

It's from the Babar children's books.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Jack Aubrey wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Rataxes wrote:

It's from the Babar children's books.

Oh. I've never heard of it. Rhinoland seemed worth knowing about so i asked lol. I was all like, "wtf is rhinoland?!? That sounds crazy!".

• Rataxes

haha it's childish but yah...

• Femme Fatale

Call it an alter ego for me - with a bit of a twist... I'm not female IRL. 😮

• “ɬℌℰ Տ₳ⅈℵナ”

I'm a good boy

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Femme Fatale wrote:

You call that a twist!? My alter ego is a blue cat with an office job. I wear a blue cat mascot outfit under a business suit. Then i go to work. Every so often i do "cat stuff". This includes purring when coworkers touch me, shredding paper products with my claws while acting nonchalant about it, and running in sudden bursts around rooms as fast as i can randomly, plus other things...

The real twist is that im secretly a willow tree with dreams of making it big on the big stage...

• 𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗔𝗡

My name is Logan..nuff said 😉

• ㄎңձժø൰ シャドー

Was my old name in tw. Now my tw name is different, but it didn't fit in the letter limit.

• ∆ཞɞɵƈ ʂʊɵოɵɳⅇѵ

Got the nickname Cobra in HS from some friends I played basketball with. They never explained it fully but I believe it had to do with how I shot the ball. I sucked at basketball btw. Then while playing Everquest years later I needed an alter ego for my dark elf shadow knight, hence Arboc was born. Then a last name was awarded once you reached a certain level and Suomonev was born.

• sebriah

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

Femme Fatale wrote:

You call that a twist!? My alter ego is a blue cat with an office job. I wear a blue cat mascot outfit under a business suit. Then i go to work. Every so often i do "cat stuff". This includes purring when coworkers touch me, shredding paper products with my claws while acting nonchalant about it, and running in sudden bursts around rooms as fast as i can randomly, plus other things...

The real twist is that im secretly a willow tree with dreams of making it big on the big stage...

The things you learn in the forums

• 💫DadVlad💫

Mine comes from my game account that my son set up, little smartarse lol

• ǫɱŋǫ

My daughters initial, my wife's, mine, and my son's. in order of birthday through the year.

• ΘйэЂцмъВдѕтдяd

🍁J.U.🍁Ꮜ͢ℕ★ wrote:

JohnnyUnknown

When i first started going to this one metal / grunge bar, there was always a wicked moshpit every friday. One dude said i would always come from the unknown and lay waste in the pit, then disappear again, repeated many times thru the night.

Thats when he started calling me JohnnyUnknown.

Good memories.

👍

• 🔥℘ཞعϮϮყ⌖ცօყ🔥

No meaning I'm actually ugly.

• Eric.

I put a dot at the end of my name because just Eric (without the dot) was already taken.

• Dark♦Stone

The name just fits my personality. I had a different name in TW, but I kept getting chased around and hunted, so I thought this name would be fitting.

• GandalfTheDank

N0MAD wrote:

The name just fits my personality. I had a different name in TW, but I kept getting chased around and hunted, so I thought this name would be fitting.

Fun fact: nomad is Damon backwards

• Ꮜ͢ℕ★ Vader

Joined the United Nations syndicate and I'm one of the biggest Star Wars fans I know.

• Ruffelz11

First used Ruffelz as my minecraft name, liked it so much it stayed for every non-fps game I have played. Didn't pick the name because of the potato chip ruffles, those chips suck, I picked it because I'm a dog person, and dogs go 'ruff!', and if I ever get a puppy, it's getting named Ruffelz. It just seems like a damn cute name to me.

• Gecko

Nickname I received years ago because I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. 😛

• ᎠᎧᎷᏓᎺᏬᎦ

Dominus same as tw like the name my tag for most games Dominus / Ace or a combo. I know y'all seen Spartacus..lol

• Ꭰá Ꮯáρ੦

I was playing a game called Mafia Farm and there were alliances in the game. In the alliances there were ranks and one was called Capo, so I decided to call myself Ꭰá Ꮯáρ੦ on TW and GS as they're both mafia games

• Ebony Wolf

I study mammalogy, and my favorite animal is the Grey Wold.
    It's also an RP character I made.
    Yup. .-.

• Ebony Wolf

*wolf. (I blame autocorrect :P)

Reply to this topic