Zimmerman case what do u think going to happen

ForumsGeneral Discussion › Zimmerman case what do u think going to happen
  • sebriah

I thought it was an interesting point to ask the jury if there would be any question of the verdict if the roles were reversed.

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

What we should focus on is why politicians refuse to control the budget and why the American people don't hold the accountable. Tell me the last time the Pentagon was audited...? Why are we building an 84 million dollar military facility in Afganistan when we're going to leave it next week? Why are we (the richest nation in history) so far in debt to China?

• nͥo͒bͣoͫdy

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

But why is justice the main motivation here? I mean a broken system that lets people fall through the cracks, and a totalitarian system that delivers harsh penalties to its citizens for minor offenses, arent the only options here. In fact we only have options here.

WE are the society. Those we supposedly elect to have our best interests at heart are not, the moment they fail to have our best interests at heart.

We elect those so called leaders. Their corruption is a symptom of our broken society. We'd rather pay attention to what the Kardashians spend their money on than our own government.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

I mean... Iraq. Bay of Pigs. MK ULTRA. Contra affair. NSA data mining. Etc. etc. etc.

We KNOW the government lies to us. Why do we only consider the world the way they present it?

We should be colonizing space by now... But alas... We are stuck with this.

• sebriah

👤nͥobͣoͫdy👤 wrote:

What we should focus on is why politicians refuse to control the budget and why the American people don't hold the accountable. Tell me the last time the Pentagon was audited...? Why are we building an 84 million dollar military facility in Afganistan when we're going to leave it next week? Why are we (the richest nation in history) so far in debt to China?

Popular marriage advice in the 50s was to buy a new home, car and appliances right after getting married because you would have to work your ass off to pay for all of it. Apparently we still think we can pull ourselves out of any hole we create by our bootstraps.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

👤nͥobͣoͫdy👤 wrote:

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

But why is justice the main motivation here? I mean a broken system that lets people fall through the cracks, and a totalitarian system that delivers harsh penalties to its citizens for minor offenses, arent the only options here. In fact we only have options here.

WE are the society. Those we supposedly elect to have our best interests at heart are not, the moment they fail to have our best interests at heart.

We elect those so called leaders. Their corruption is a symptom of our broken society. We'd rather pay attention to what the Kardashians spend their money on than our own government.

Do we elect them? Because from what I see, the supposed greatest country on earth has two candidates to choose from for most voters. I mean god forbid anyone is moderate! Lol

• Dark♦Stone

I have no true right to say so, but I think this is the perfect time to recite the serenity prayer:

"I accept what I cannot change, and by doing so accept to change the future, as seen in dvine eyes." That was more of an interpretation, but whatI meant was we cannot know what the future will hold, but remember brothers and sisters, that there will be true judgement, and true punishment, for those whose crime is evident, and if justice fails us today, then by God we will still have our peace.

-The word of the common man

• ▪False▪

Well. We have quite the hole. What is it now? 17 trillion?
    I want George Washington back. :(

• E=MC(Hammer)

▪False▪ wrote:

Well. We have quite the hole. What is it now? 17 trillion?I want George Washington back. :(

Reagan

• sebriah

Our country is too scared to deal with reality, so we have promoted any form of entertainment to the ridiculous level of being a social antidepressant. We have become soft and incapable of embracing the hard truths of life, like failure and death, so we create myriad addictions to distract ourselves.

• Dark♦Stone

And I feel very grateful for what this has done. We don't have many incidents today that go to question morality, let alone a major one. If he is found guilty or innocent, this will still be remembered, and eventually will be brought to attention, by force or by humility, and will change HS as a people for a better. Do not look at this as an opportunity for hate, for anger, for mistrust or pride, look at this as a sign of reverence, of morality and humbling, because only when we can accept ourselves, will we know to accept each other.

-The words of exaltion. 🙏🙌✌

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

To really expand on these topics I'd like to point out that it isn't so much a problem with society, as much as a problem with a, for lack of better words, psychopathic element in some members of our society. The reason stuff like this even makes the news is because most compassionate people can't fathom it. Most people aren't psychopaths.

• sebriah

▪False▪ wrote:

Well. We have quite the hole. What is it now? 17 trillion?I want George Washington back. :(

I want us to stop spending more on our military than the next umpteen countries combined. I want us to spend more on education than prison. I want us to stop supporting/instigating/funding "rebel troops" in other countries and start employing people in this country. #pipedream

• sebriah

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

The reason stuff like this even makes the news is because most compassionate people can't fathom it.

The downside to the success of Upton Sinclair and the like. If it shocks or entertains it's on the 6pm news.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

I want us to stop spending more on our military than the next umpteen countries combined. I want us to spend more on education than prison. I want us to stop supporting/instigating/funding "rebel troops" in other countries and start employing people in this country. #pipedream

Exactly! I mean America has more prisoners than any other county, we hire private companies to run alot of these prisons, plus we fund groups that are our enemies. Not to mention being force to defend Israel unconditionally...

None of this is rational. We KNOW this.

I hate trying to figure out what to do here.

• ㄎңձժø൰ シャドー

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

sebriah wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Exactly! I mean America has more prisoners than any other county, we hire private companies to run alot of these prisons, plus we fund groups that are our enemies. Not to mention being force to defend Israel unconditionally...

None of this is rational. We KNOW this.

I hate trying to figure out what to do here.

Move to Canada?

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

I mean if there is a million person protest in DC, you won't hear about it! If the department of homeland security buys millions of bullets randomly, you aren't told! The president thinks he can bomb any American citizen with a drone strike if he sees fit, without telling anyone he did it... I mean i know this started out as trial thread. But damn if we aren't bringing up the other issues of the day anyways!

• ㄎңձժø൰ シャドー

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

To really expand on these topics I'd like to point out that it isn't so much a problem with society, as much as a problem with a, for lack of better words, psychopathic element in some members of our society. The reason stuff like this even makes the news is because most compassionate people can't fathom it. Most people aren't psychopaths.

I would argue with that. While most people arnt psychopathic, many can be considered sociopaths. Sociopathic behaviors can sometimes be considered, or evolve into psychopathic behaviors under certain conditions. Our society provides those conditions. Some conditions I think of are power positions like law enforcement and scare tactic propaganda (9/11 videos and for lack of better example drivers Ed lessons).

• sebriah

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

I mean if there is a million person protest in DC, you won't hear about it! If the department of homeland security buys millions of bullets randomly, you aren't told! The president thinks he can bomb any American citizen with a drone strike if he sees fit, without telling anyone he did it... I mean i know this started out as trial thread. But damn if we aren't bringing up the other issues of the day anyways!

Government is a necessary evil for sure, but I want more of a say on what evil things I'm signing off. I just don't see how that is going to happen under the current system. Politicians are bought and paid for long before they get to DC, so how can I compete unless I too pay to play?

• callitluck

💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚 wrote:

ㄎңձժø൰ シャドー wrote:

I only read foreign news. American media blows everything it wants to out of proportion while keeping what news it wants to suppressed. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying it isn't a big deal. There's just more important things.

Agreed! I read RT over American news myself. But if i may ask, what is the REAL current story this one is distracting us from? Im not being condescending at all. I feel this is a distraction as well. Im just trying to see what others think we aren't supposed to notice this week?

</blockquote sneaky government

• callitluck

E=MC(Hammer) wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Reagan

Clinton mix with bush lol

• sebriah

callitluck wrote:

E=MC(Hammer) wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Reagan

That's bananas! Clinton did plenty of bush-mixing.

• Merrÿpranxter

ᏰลอᏰεαη wrote:

PRIDE wrote:

FRΞSHY wrote:

He's gonna walk.

It's Florida, he actually might.

He definitely should walk due to mistrial( not a lawyer so I don't know if this is the correct term). The judge tried earnestly to make Zimmerman look stupid on several occasions( specifically when demanding to know if he would testify or not) and voiced the opinion that the simulation Zimmermans defense made had no merit( I would quote her but I am lazy). In the US, we are guaranteed the right to a fair trial.

Give me a break. He murdered a minor. I could give two shits if the judge sneered at him or not. Poor, pitiful Zimmerman got his whittle feelings hurt.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

sebriah wrote:

callitluck wrote:

E=MC(Hammer) wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Reagan

That's bananas! Clinton did plenty of bush-mixing.

Fuck yes.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

Also just an FYI... Britain is more in debt than the US. I believe the figure i read was, the debts equivalent to 90% of its entire economy. I think that was the figure. I read it a month or so ago somewhere.

• Merrÿpranxter

👤nͥobͣoͫdy👤 wrote:

What we should focus on is why politicians refuse to control the budget and why the American people...

I saw those two things on the news too yesterday. That just is barely the tip of the iceberg. The things we should be asking arent necessarily on any of the corporate news channels. They don't cover why we have so much income disparity. Why so many more people turned into "bums" on the street since the 80s. Why corporations are now considered people. Why we've killed 100's of thousands of civilians in the Middle East. Why the Supreme Court no longer thinks certain red states are racist and gerrymandering districts to supercede and obstruct the majority. Why we populate prisons with the most inmates in the world. Why are NC and Texas taking away women's rights again. Why are factory's blowing up here and there due to no regulatory support.

• Merrÿpranxter

Why do we have a "do nothing congress" that thinks its more important to obstruct the administration then to take care of society. Why do we have over 12k lobbyist on the hill pulling the strings on policy. Why we don't make the fossil fuel companies clean up their trash like every one else has to. Why we don't have trade taxes so we actually produce in America again rather than places like China. On and on and on...

That building and that debt is an effect of many causes. And that's what we should be looking at, not the scrapes but policies that allow it.

• 💚Ⴚгɘɘɲʍɑɳ💚

★Λddi★ wrote:

Why do we have a "do nothing congress" that thinks its more important to obstruct the administration then to take care of society. Why do we have over 12k lobbyist on the hill pulling the strings on policy. Why we don't make the fossil fuel companies clean up their trash like every one else has to. Why we don't have trade taxes so we actually produce in America again rather than places like China. On and on and on...

That building and that debt is an effect of many causes. And that's what we should be looking at, not the scrapes but policies that allow it.

Good questions. I've been wondering the same for years. Tell me if this is too out there... But does anyone else feel like all this shit is orchestrated? Im not trying to ask if you guys are weirdo conspiracy theorists or anything. Im just asking if you have some serious suspicions of such a thing actually happening now.

• Merrÿpranxter

E=MC(Hammer) wrote:

▪False▪ wrote:

Reagan

Every president since Reagan has followed his corportatist policy making. Not hardly, that's exactly why we are in this mess.

• Merrÿpranxter

Of course it's orchestrated. Its like they are trying to push us back to the Victorian age. Theyve been working long and hard to defund education, deregulate working conditions and pay, call propaganda and talking heads fact based news. All these think tanks are great at what they do. They've got half the country spinning their wheels about religious morality issues rather than what a politicians job actually is so they keep carrying their water for them or working against their own best interest. Just look at this country and its ideas about taxes. No clue and no recollection of our history and what has work and what hasn't. For the past 30 years we have been in the "hasn't" phase.

Reply to this topic